Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khule Dil, Khule Darwaze

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Khule Dil, Khule Darwaze

    I've heard from my grand-parents that there was no (or limited) concept of closed / locked doors in their times. Probably, people have trust in others or probably they didn't have more valuables to safeguard.

    The situation is totally changed. Leave your home for going to offer prayers at Masjid. You will find many streets closed with security gates and by chance if you reach Masjid a little early, you will find Masjd's door closed. In Ramadan, I picked up a Quran in Masjid and was shocked to see note 'ye kitaab chori karna / bagher ijaazat apne ghar le jana mana hai'.

    Where is our society going? What will our grand children experience if things keep on going in that direction?
    We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

    #2
    Re: Khule Dil, Khule Darwaze

    One day the Messenger of Allah (saws) noticed a 'bedouin' (desert Arab) leaving his camel without tying it and he asked the 'bedouin': "Why don't you tie down your camel?" The 'bedouin' answered, "I put my trust in Allah." The Prophet (saws) then said, "Tie your camel first, then put your trust in Allah"
    Related by At-Tirmidhi



    nothing bad in locking your stuff up when you go away. its better to be cautions than accusing someone later, in heart or openly
    Quwwat-e-Mazhab say mustehkam hay jami'yat teri

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Khule Dil, Khule Darwaze

      I agree that be careful about your possession, but the stage where we have to write ' don't steal this copy of Quran' is quite an embarrassment and I don't think that Masjid Nabavi was closed for people who wanted to visit it other than namaz timings
      We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Khule Dil, Khule Darwaze

        Originally posted by muqawwee123 View Post
        I agree that be careful about your possession, but the stage where we have to write ' don't steal this copy of Quran' is quite an embarrassment and I don't think that Masjid Nabavi was closed for people who wanted to visit it other than namaz timings
        i dont know about time of Nabi S.A.W. whether masjid was closed or not, because i believe at that time there would have been no door and simply nothing material inside to be protected. but today, Masjid-e-Nabwi is closed off at night, couple of hours after Isha, and opens an hour before Fajar azan, most of the days.

        there are all sorts of people, people steal shoes and other valuables from Masjid i'm sure living in Karachi you must have experienced this. Sometimes people go to masjid to sleep/take a nap, which is not very respectful towards masjid, so its better to close the doors i think.
        Quwwat-e-Mazhab say mustehkam hay jami'yat teri

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Khule Dil, Khule Darwaze

          Originally posted by Aceones! View Post
          i dont know about time of Nabi S.A.W. whether masjid was closed or not, because i believe at that time there would have been no door and simply nothing material inside to be protected. but today, Masjid-e-Nabwi is closed off at night, couple of hours after Isha, and opens an hour before Fajar azan, most of the days.

          there are all sorts of people, people steal shoes and other valuables from Masjid i'm sure living in Karachi you must have experienced this. Sometimes people go to masjid to sleep/take a nap, which is not very respectful towards masjid, so its better to close the doors i think.
          been there, faced that

          http://www.paklinks.com/gs/culture-l...aur-chori.html

          so its all about security of valuables that made people that much conscious.
          We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Khule Dil, Khule Darwaze

            Originally posted by muqawwee123 View Post
            been there, faced that

            http://www.paklinks.com/gs/culture-l...aur-chori.html

            so its all about security of valuables that made people that much conscious.
            hahaha, same here, many times

            and as far as its Masjid, there are more concerns than simply security of valuables.


            however, one unusual practice i've noticed which i must mention here, where people intentionally leave their doors open, and leave some necessary items inside
            when people of high altitude areas come down for winter (i personally know about Pakistan, i'm sure this practice will be in other parts of the world too) in remote areas they leave behind their homes unlocked. for hunters, travelers or security personnel who may come there in extreme weather and will not find any other safe place to spend night. if this does happen, and someone comes about such a hut open, and spend a night inside or takes rest, they usually leave something behind as a token of thank you, anything a jacket, head or skin of their trophy or a knife
            Quwwat-e-Mazhab say mustehkam hay jami'yat teri

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Khule Dil, Khule Darwaze

              Originally posted by muqawwee123 View Post
              I've heard from my grand-parents that there was no (or limited) concept of closed / locked doors in their times. Probably, people have trust in others or probably they didn't have more valuables to safeguard.

              The situation is totally changed. Leave your home for going to offer prayers at Masjid. You will find many streets closed with security gates and by chance if you reach Masjid a little early, you will find Masjd's door closed. In Ramadan, I picked up a Quran in Masjid and was shocked to see note 'ye kitaab chori karna / bagher ijaazat apne ghar le jana mana hai'.

              Where is our society going? What will our grand children experience if things keep on going in that direction?
              In the nineties, in our gaoun, most people let their doors open too all day long (except at night, and if everyone of the house went on an outing). Golden times.

              Comment

              Working...
              X