Ustaad or Ustaaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ustaad or Ustaaz

What is the correct word? Most of the time, I heard and use ustaad, but came across with word 'Ustaad' or 'Asaatiza'.

Is there any difference?
    We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Re: Ustaad or Ustaaz

isaatizah [Arabii] = plural of istaaz = ustaad
    ustaad [Faarsii] = istaaz [Arabii]
    Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
    16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

I read somewhere that Istaaz is not an Arabic word and borrowed from Persian. So, is the difference due to transfer from one language to other. Like they say Karatishi to Karachi
      We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

i don't think so!...magar, kuchh yaqeen se nahiiN kah saktaa...vaise, fi-zamaana yeh Arabii kaa hii lafz hai...wallaah 'aalam!
        Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!

Comment

Ustaad = Teacher
          Aysaat'za = Teachers

Ustaaz its not a word :s not in Urdu atleast.
          Love makes you so strong and its very true because the way it made me powerful Allhumdulilah ! :) Love has made me unbreakable because no one can breaks the things which are already broken.....

Comment

Originally posted by Maanokhan1991 View Post
            Ustaad = Teacher
            Aysaat'za = Teachers

Ustaaz its not a word :s not in Urdu atleast.
            lol...Urdu meN hii to yeh donoN alfaaz use hote haiN...mere vaalid hamesha ustaaz/usaatizah kahte the jab k ham siblings ustaad kahaa karte the!

Comment

Ahan
              Love makes you so strong and its very true because the way it made me powerful Allhumdulilah ! :) Love has made me unbreakable because no one can breaks the things which are already broken.....

Comment

Originally posted by Maanokhan1991 View Post
                Ahan
                bas, ahaaN?

kuchh to kahiye k log kahte haiN
                aaj Maanokhan lafz-saraa na huiiN!

Comment

ustaz (arabic) = mo'allim, teacher, sikhanay wala
                  ustad = expert in something, since teachers are supposed to be expert in what they teach, so its used in place of ustaz also, but i think real word for mo'allim is ustaz
                  asaatiza = plural of ustaz
                  Quwwat-e-Mazhab say mustehkam hay jami'yat teri

Comment

Most of the above are right.

In Arabic, Teacher is USTAAZ and the plural is USATAZA / ISATAZA etc.

Moreover, the pronunciation of Z and Dh is interchangeable in Arabic / Persian & Urdu, like Azaan & Adaan / Adhan, Eid-ul-Azha & Eid-ul-Adha. Most probably on the same account, the Ustaaz gradually became Ustaad in Persian & Urdu. Interestingly in Urdu, Teacher is USTAAD & Not USTAAZ but the plural is the same i.e USATAZA / ISATAZA.
                    Sag-e-Madina-o-Najaf

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Sufi View Post
                      Most of the above are right.

In Arabic, Teacher is USTAAZ and the plural is USATAZA / ISATAZA etc.

Moreover, the pronunciation of Z and Dh is interchangeable in Arabic / Persian & Urdu, like Azaan & Adaan / Adhan, Eid-ul-Azha & Eid-ul-Adha. Most probably on the same account, the Ustaaz gradually became Ustaad in Persian & Urdu. Interestingly in Urdu, Teacher is USTAAD & Not USTAAZ but the plural is the same i.e USATAZA / ISATAZA.
                      great observation! aisaa hii hai. vo is liye k USTAAD kaa koii plural nahiiN hai shaayaad.

Comment

Amaan ee'haaN pe keeya ho reeyaa hai ustaaz
                        People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

Working...
                        X