ID:	15016359

Sai Bhaji

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sindhi_Biryani.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	15016360

Sindhi Biryani.

Share some pics / paintings of traditional cuisine which show cultural background.
    We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Re: Traditional Cuisine

Comment

Comment

When food is being cooked at home!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Saraiki culture!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly View Post
                  When food is being cooked at home!

This brings back memories! I've seen food being cooked like this in several villages in Pakistan.

Comment

Sitara Textiles, Faisalabad
                    We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

is this makki di roti and sarson da saag? The tray is somewhat different than normal 'pindi'? what they call pindi in Saraiki? Its da-baki in Sindhi

Comment

Very nice pics.

Originally posted by muqawwee123 View Post
                        Came across these pics of Sindhi food.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45651[/ATTACH]

Sai Bhaji

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45652[/ATTACH]

Sindhi Biryani.

Share some pics / paintings of traditional cuisine which show cultural background.
                        Mouthwatering and the presentation is beautiful.

Also nice to see Sindhi biryani because sometimes people slightly look down upon it (in a light-hearted way of course), maybe because the dish is not very very old I think!

------------

Don't know how to to multi-quote a post with a picture but @Lilly, that Saag and Makaai ki roti dish looks absolutely delish and so very tempting. I have never eaten it before.
                        Last edited by goodname; Aug 2, 2013, 01:13 AM. Reason: Added
                        "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." US Declaration of Independence.

Comment

Originally posted by goodname View Post
                          Very nice pics.

Mouthwatering and the Presentation is beautiful.

Also nice to see Sindhi biryani being recognized as Sindhi biryani because some people apparently seem to 'disown' it, alleging it be non-native to the land.
                          Being Sindhi, I also didn't hear any senior member of my family talking of Biryani. It was always pulao and Bhat (bhaat), until Mid 90s when National Packet masla came into picture

Comment

Being Sindhi, I also didn't hear any senior member of my family talking of Biryani. It was always pulao and Bhat (bhaat), until Mid 90s when National Packet masla came into picture
                            Haha, those packet spices, that sometimes get a bad reputation, did something good for once! The biryani tastes good and it has become somewhat popular over the last few years I think.

PS: Daal Bhaat tastes so good!
                            "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." US Declaration of Independence.

Comment

is this makki di roti and sarson da saag? The tray is somewhat different than normal 'pindi'? what they call pindi in Saraiki? Its da-baki in Sindhi
                              What is Pindi? that maati wali rogni thali you mean? Yeah maki ki roti n sarson ka saag, we often cook here too. Whenever my dad's close friend come to our house, they ask for Multani khana sarson ka saag n maki ki roti.

Comment

Working...
                              X