Naanak Shahi eenten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naanak Shahi eenten

Who was this Naanak Shah (on whose name these bricks used in many old buildings) are named?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Commonindianbrick.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	15016358
    We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Re: Naanak Shahi eenten

^ never knew they are called nanak shahi eenten, i always heard people calling them "pakki eentain" ya "laal eentain"

Edit: Nanak Shahi bricks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quwwat-e-Mazhab say mustehkam hay jami'yat teri

Comment

OK now i guess because they were initially used on Gurdawaras (of guru nanak) so they care called nanak shahi
      shahi for something of high stature

there is also a nanakshahi calendar
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanakshahi_calendar

Comment

Originally posted by Aceones! View Post
        OK now i guess because they were initially used on Gurdawaras (of guru nanak) so they care called nanak shahi
        shahi for something of high stature

there is also a nanakshahi calendar
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanakshahi_calendar
        what kind of briks we find in building built before Sikh era? I think the masjid in Bhanbhore also has bricks like these.
        We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

^ I don't know about the kind of bricks used before these, but i believe these bricks were in common use, not specific to gurdawaras' but some people took the name from there and it spread by word of mouth, thats it. otherwise i'm sure lots of people who have seen these bricks even used them in their own homes, building won't know they are called naanak shahi bricks. probably the name is common in Indian punjab.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceones! View Post
            ^ I don't know about the kind of bricks used before these, but i believe these bricks were in common use, not specific to gurdawaras' but some people took the name from there and it spread by word of mouth, thats it. otherwise i'm sure lots of people who have seen these bricks even used them in their own homes, building won't know they are called naanak shahi bricks. probably the name is common in Indian punjab.
            I read that in Ahmed Bashir's novel 'Dil Bhatke ga'.

Comment

Working...
            X