Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good tips on re-learning Punjabi and Urdu if you've forgotten?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good tips on re-learning Punjabi and Urdu if you've forgotten?

Basically I speak Punjabi like some gora pretending to be Punjabi and I can't speak Urdu at all! I really want to go to Pakistan and do some volunteer work in a years time, and need to be able to speak passable Urdu at least. Learning Punjabi is just so my cousins won't laugh at me!

I can understand Punjabi perfectly and quite a bit of Urdu but I struggle sometimes understanding Urdu conversation on political news shows etc

It's really weird I grew up in England but till I was 6 years old I could only speak fluent Punjabi because that's all my parents spoke to me like I couldn't speak English at all, then slowly I began to speak English and lost my Punjabi...

My parents still speak Punjabi to me and my brothers/sister but we always reply in English, its just a habit. I think picking up Punjabi will probably be easier than learning Urdu because I've never spoken it.

Does anyone have any tips on learning the two languages, I really really want to relearn these languages, I know my parents are disappointed that we forgot how to speak Punjabi and never learnt Urdu in the first place ?

Re: Any good tips on re-learning Punjabi and Urdu if you've forgotten?

Sit in a gathering of punjabi speakers and listen what they say and try to memorize/use it. It will take time but soon u'll be able to speak.
    Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

Working...
    X