A book that inspired you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A book that inspired you

Name any book that really inspired you, a book that you can read several times and not get bored. Also, few words on why/how it inspired you.

Re: A book that inspired you

Quran e Pak. Its not only due to belief, but its a fact that whenever I read it, I always get new insights and new meanings. Every verse reveals new meaning and provide a new solution depending on what you are going through.
    We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

I wonder which book ever inspired me
      Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

In urdu 'Mout ka Manzar, Marny ke ba'ad kiya hoga'.
        You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Many books inspired me .
          Fools never disagree.

Comment

Qur'aan-e-Paak [tafheem-ul-Qur'aan: tarjuma N tafseer by Maulaana Abul 'Alaa Maudoodii],

seerat-un-Nabii [saws] by Abul 'Alaa Maudoodii [r.a.]

and

Qur'aan, Bible and the Science by Maurice Bucaille
            Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
            16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
              Qur'aan-e-Paak [tafheem-ul-Qur'aan: tarjuma N tafseer by Maulaana Abul 'Alaa Maudoodii],

seerat-un-Nabii [saws] by Abul 'Alaa Maudoodii [r.a.]

and

Qur'aan, Bible and the Science by Maurice Bucaille
              KKF, I never heard 'Seerat un Nabii' by Maudoodi Saheb. Are you sure, you are not talking about 'Seerat un Nabii' by Allama Shibli Nomani / Salman Nadvi
              We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

I read 'Seerat-un-Nabi by Shibli Nomani. Gr8 book.
                Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

Originally posted by muqawwee123 View Post
                  KKF, I never heard 'Seerat un Nabii' by Maudoodi Saheb. Are you sure, you are not talking about 'Seerat un Nabii' by Allama Shibli Nomani / Salman Nadvi
                  oops! sorry...i got the title of the book wrong. i called home and i was told the title of the book is "seerat-e-sarwar-e-'aalam" written by Maulana Syed Abul 'Alaa Maudoodii and published by Markazii Maktabah Islamii, Jam'a Masjid, Delhi.
                  Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!

Comment

^ Thanks for clarifying. I'll also search and read that bcoz I also like Maudoodi Saheb's writings.

Comment

Originally posted by muqawwee123 View Post
                      ^ Thanks for clarifying. I'll also search and read that bcoz I also like Maudoodi Saheb's writings.
                      YESSSS!!!! i LOVE his extempore style of writing but i do NOT always agree with what he says...they are a very few far N wide!...having said that, i LOVE the way he writes...amazing! it's really persuasive!

Comment

Yes Quran and sunnah are biggest guidance and inspirations of all , no doubt about it.
                        But I sure there are other books people have read and got inspiration from and there is no shame in sharing that. This site is not run and monitored by Talibaans or AlQaida.
                        Fools never disagree.

Comment

^ Lol Mirch Uncle.

I'm inspired from Bano Qudsia's novel 'Raja Gidh' and this is one of those books that I have read for more than one time. The theme behind the novel i.e. distinction between Haram and Halaal, the philosophy uttered through animal characters make this novel distinguished from other novels. Strong charcterisation by Bano Qudsia makes each and every character alive in your memories for long.

Comment

Sounds like interesting book

Comment

^ Its a must read LKK. Also available online

Comment

Working...
                              X