Eghbal e Lahori

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eghbal e Lahori

Allama Iqbal is famous persian poet and known as Eghbal-e-Lahori in Iran. A very good read to mark his birthday

Iran is a country with 5,000 years old history, an astonishing heritage and rich culture. Iranians have a rich...
    Bazinggaaaa ....

Re: Eghbal e Lahori

Yeah, although I think some off what was written is a by over the top In the article

جستجو در شعر فارسی

Comment

Mentioned 'Eghbal-i-Lahuri Institute of Higher Studies' but no result while searching about it.
      Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

^here
        http://www.eqbal.ac.ir/
        I
        t's in Mashhad

Comment

Is his poetry trasnlated into persion of was actually written in persion by himself?
          You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Iqbal also wrote poetry in Farsi...i remember reading one poem about the camel [ship of the desert] and i remember only a few lines:

tez-tarak gaam-zan, manzil-e-maa door nest!
            Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
            16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Allama Iqbal

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
                Iqbal also wrote poetry in Farsi...i remember reading one poem about the camel [ship of the desert] and i remember only a few lines:

tez-tarak gaam-zan, manzil-e-maa door nest!
                Are you sure it wasn't translated into Farsi?
                You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by FairysAngel View Post
                  Are you sure it wasn't translated into Farsi?
                  i wasn't talking about the OP's posts...i just made a general comment that Iqbal was also a Persian Poet...i dunno about the above material. i haven't even seen the post's contents.
                  Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!

Comment

As far my knowledge, he wrote in urdu.
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by FairysAngel View Post
                      As far my knowledge, he wrote in urdu.
                      are nahiiN bhai!...he was equally good in Farsi...just like Ghalib. his work in Farsi i'll try to find and post here soon iA. i've read Iqbal's Farsi kalaam in my High School.

Comment

ok.
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Iqbal kaa yeh farsii kalaam mulaaHizah farmaaiye:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Iqbal's Farsii kalaam.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	14953705

puraane daur meN sabhii sho'araa Farsi meN ash'aar kahaa karte the magar ziyaada tar kalaam Urdu men hii huaa kartaa thaa...hattaa k...mere vaalid marHoom bhii Urdu ke saath saath Faarsii meN bhii shaa'irii kiyaa karte the...us zamaane meN Hind o Paak meN Farsii sarkaarii zabaan bhii huaa kartii thii. 'adaalatoN meN aaj bhii India meN 'arabii aur Faarsii kii istilaaHaat [terminologies] kasrat se must'amil hotii haiN.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
                            adaalatoN meN aaj bhii India meN 'arabii aur Faarsii kii istilaaHaat [terminologies] kasrat se must'amil hotii haiN.
                            Baja farmaya KKF. Tamam waqiyat ko madd e nazar rakhte hue, Taazeerat e Hind ki dafa ---- ke tahat yeh Adaalat mulzim ko ba izzat bari karti hai.

Iqbal's poetic works are written primarily in Persian rather than Urdu. Among his 12,000 verses of poetry, about 7,000 verses are in Persian. In 1915, he published his first collection of poetry, the Asrar-e-Khudi (Secrets of the Self) in Persian. The poems emphasise the spirit and self from a religious, spiritual perspective. Many critics have called this Iqbal's finest poetic work.

Another master piece of Allama Iqbal in Persian:

We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

Interesting
                              Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

Working...
                              X