• Show
Clear All

Art is for Losers?

share the reasoning if u like
    agree
    14.29%
    disagree
    85.71%
    "There are two rules for ultimate success in life: #1. Never tell everything you know." ;)

Re: Art is for Losers?

OK, back home in the land of Indo-Pak, there used to be this stereotype that if you took "arts" as your major, you were perhaps not smart enough or intelligent enough. And yes, you were labeled a loser.

Now, things have changed to a certain extent.

There are many areas of study that fall under the broader group of arts. Their role is increasing and becoming more competitive.

I don't believe art is for losers. I will come back and write some more.
    Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

i luv art,

btw eye makeup is a kind of art, and thts what kinda art i do mostly these days....

Comment

art is actually a blessing of Allah that is not given to all...
        so art is a blessing
        lose ya conquest ka swal he paida nahi hota
        mein jo ser- ba -sajda hui kabhi to zamee'n sy aaney lagi sada
        tera dil to hy sanam aashna, tujhy kiya milay ga namaz mey

Comment

Originally posted by Niksik View Post
          OK, back home in the land of Indo-Pak, there used to be this stereotype that if you took "arts" as your major, you were perhaps not smart enough or intelligent enough. And yes, you were labeled a loser.

Now, things have changed to a certain extent.

There are many areas of study that fall under the broader group of arts. Their role is increasing and becoming more competitive.

I don't believe art is for losers. I will come back and write some more.
          there is a reason why they are labeled losers.
          dont u think thats a valid reasoning?
          "There are two rules for ultimate success in life: #1. Never tell everything you know." ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Colourful eyes View Post
            i luv art,

btw eye makeup is a kind of art, and thts what kinda art i do mostly these days....
            interesting...but ain't eye makeup is a modification picture of an arts (cuz we humans are made by ALLAH SWT, the Perfect....so we are a piece of art ourselves.)

ps. would u mind sharing ur eye makeup. i would love to see, and learn it.

Comment

I lurvvv Arttt...
              Love is like war...Easy To Start...Difficult To End..&.. Impossible To Forget!
              Love is like heaven but, can hurt like hell.
              ...~*Chochi*~

Comment

Art was the reason for development of human race. Art brings color to our lives. Agar art na hota toh kia hota ?
                In recent past in Pakistan arts students used to be loser in the job market but now everybody is a loser.
                Fools never disagree.

Comment

I belive scinence is an art aswell, art of Allah.
                  and we progressed through art.
                  when someone carves something in the stone its called art, and humans carved stones in the pre historic times to use as tools, so it was an art.
                  wat u think about the car u drive?? doesn it look beautiful, yeah it looks beautiful but theres alot of research done on the shape of the car to minimize air friction for fuel efficiency and it is an art
                  KON DETA HAI OMAR BHAR KA SAHARA FARAZ
                  LOG TU JANAZAY MAIN BHI KAANDHAY BADAL'TE REHTE HAIN

Comment

whatever degree one have doesn't guarantee u success , smooth-sailing career or bright future whether u major in arts, or science , maths , aaccounts , history , politics , it's one's passion, hard work & strong drive to excel that make u a successful person, hence i disagee with the myth or stereotype among desis that being an student who major in arts make u a looser. If u look around u see more artists than other professionals , even electronic & print media give a lot of coverage to them , i myself know a lot of them rather than scholars, architects, scientists or doctors.
                    Picking a fight on an internet forum is like running in the Special Olympics , win or lose , U're still retarded ....
                    Doing nothing is very hard to do.... You never know when you're finished...
                    .......Come & visit me sometime..........

Comment

Im too proud & mean.

Comment

Originally posted by zobia View Post
                        interesting...but ain't eye makeup is a modification picture of an arts (cuz we humans are made by ALLAH SWT, the Perfect....so we are a piece of art ourselves.)

ps. would u mind sharing ur eye makeup. i would love to see, and learn it.
                        all creativity is Art....il try to upload some later

Comment

Lois Lane needed some company

I don't think art is for losers. Different people have different gifts and people should embrace the gifts or talents an individual possess then forcing something on them they might not be interested in.
                          May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
                          Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
                          Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

Art is for the more intelligent. in arts, you create new things, which in other fields, you just copy-paste the formulas derived centuries ago.

Comment

If the defination of Loser is someone who is creative, of higher intellect and observation only than this statement should hold true .

Art is all about creativity, concepts, ideas, observations and aesthetics. So its quite ridiculous to think that its meant for Losers.

Comment

Working...
                              X