• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light hearted

Literature?

No chick flick type books.

Nothing political whatsoever.

Nowt that says 'we'r all desi's lets relate'.

Am currently reading 'Pies and Prejudice, in search of the North' By Stuart Maconie. He's a British broadcaster and journalist. Used to be a Northerner but now lives in the South. Quite a funny read. I only brought it as I loved the opening quote.

' If your an alien, how come you sound like you come from the north?'

' Lots of planets have a North.'

Doctor Who, 2005.
    OMG Paki!

Re: Light hearted

sounds interesting.

Comment

Hmm...You could try Wodehouse maybe?He is really witty(always assuming you like humourous novels)

Or,you could also try reading Bill Bryson. He mostly writes travelogues.And he has a really unique and funny style.He has also written a very interesting and informative book about Shakespeare.

I don't remember any other books by him, but I really enjoyed reading them. Especially the one about America, and the one about travels in Europe.

Comment

Didn't Bill Bryson write 'a short history about everything'? I wanted to buy that, nevet got round to it. Maybees nows the time!
        OMG Paki!

Comment

Yes he did. I have a copy, but never read it. So cannot comment on that. But I like his travelogues. And the one about Shakespeare is also really good.

Comment

Working...
          X