A Good Read...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Good Read...

Want a good read? Pick up Anita Rau Badami's "The Hero's Walk." Very nicely done.

[This message has been edited by hayaa (edited August 31, 2001).]

um, how?
    As in, how is it nicely done

Comment

Originally posted by hayaa:
      Want a good read? Pick up Anita Rau Badami's "The Hero's Walk." Very nicely done.

[This message has been edited by hayaa (edited August 31, 2001).]
      Haya

Dont you mean Arundhati Roy??????are you sure?

------------------

Woh afsaana jise anjaam tak, laana na ho mumkin
      Use ek KHoobsoorat moR dekar, chhoRna achha

Comment

Yea FYI, I'm sure. Thanks

Kohalic, it's nicely done because it's close to life. It is about people whose lives don't turn out the way they hope or rather others hope for them. It's about making and breaking expectations. It mainly revolves around a man 'n his family located in a town near the Bay of Bengal and how they react to situations under pressure. And eventually how he comes to terms with a tragedy that's struck him in life. I thought it gave a glimpse of how the poor survive in a corrupted underdeveloped society and the many complications that exist in an indian family...
        Quite a few of the themes hit home so I think you'll like it

Comment

yaar she meant "um,how" how as in how to read..

I would suggest "Enlgish ki pehli kitaab" by this guy called Urdu Book Depot.., it has a really mesmerizing first chapter on A for ape-pul and B for bawl..

remember to halt when you reach S for istop coz that means you gotta quit it..

well, good luck..

Comment

>>>It's about making and breaking expectations. <<<

Is that any different from "God of small things"?

Anyhow, "Great Expectations" is a good movie to watch with Gwyneth Paltrow and Robert De Niro in it.

Comment

yeh, that 'Great Expectations' is a complete revamp of the original..a good movie in it's own right for sure, but the the original novel is really somethin..so simple yet so fascinating..

Comment

Elmo. I'm hurt.

Comment

hurt? oh come on..u know t'was in good intention..and shoulda returned serve with a comeback, anyway..apologies then I guess..

now getta readin..

Comment

I saw that a few days ago....I even picked it up--honest--but i didn't read it *makes a face* Don't you hate it when you forget your library card? sighzamazoiders

Comment

Working...
                    X