Men Selling Women Stuff in Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men Selling Women Stuff in Pakistan

I was just surprised yesterday when my wife told me that in Pakistan, the women under garments were sell by men. Isn't bit being Hypocrisy of our society where boy/girls are not allowed to speak freely or get education (I mean most cases).

Our people so much brag about women's freedom given by Islam and our Islamic society. So may ask why in our country women persona stuff is only on sale by men??

Even in foreign countries that have nothing to with Islam understand this need and privacy for women.

As a society are we being Hippocratic and what we say and what we actually do??

------------------
    "Away from Eyes......Close to Heart"

[This message has been edited by Insaaniat (edited July 21, 2001).]

Women hardly are allowed to work outside in our Pakistani society.

This would be good argument against such discrimination.

------------------

Woh afsaana jise anjaam tak, laana na ho mumkin
    Use ek KHoobsoorat moR dekar, chhoRna achha

Comment

We desis , both in India and Pakistan are the biggest hypocrites in the world. We talk big and do very little. In all aspects of life whether its religion, economics, politics etc. One of these days we can open a thread and discuss hipocracy in India and Pakistan and have fun ..

Comment

As far as I know most if not all stuff is sold by men in Pakistan and I don't think nobody is forcing women to buy it from men. There might be cases when girls need the undergarments but their mothers can buy it for them and I don't see any problem with that.

Comment

Khan

But we live in a society that forbids the interaction between two sexes. Now in a society like that can I understand how embraced most our girls/women feel when they ask men at counter for their undies??

The reason behine my post was that women in pakistan has right to ask for women at counter so that they can talk to her freely what they need. I am specially talking about girls not old aged women that already through most of her dealing with men. Now a newly married girls most likely will not ask her mother in law to get this stuff for her isnít??

------------------

Comment

even the tailors in india and pakistan are men who have measeure thiie bust size to make cloths?

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:
              even the tailors in india and pakistan are men who have measeure thiie bust size to make cloths?
              No they dont.... Usually there is a darzi for men and a Derzen for women. And if a woman wants something to be made by a tailor (male) she gives some existing piece of clothing for measure.

------------------
              ICBM Target Coords: 27.500S, 153.017E

Comment

Originally posted by Insaaniat:
                I was just surprised yesterday when my wife told me that in Pakistan, the women under garments were sell by men. Isn't bit being Hypocrisy of our society where boy/girls are not allowed to speak freely or get education (I mean most cases).

Our people so much brag about women's freedom given by Islam and our Islamic society. So may ask why in our country women persona stuff is only on sale by men??

Even in foreign countries that have nothing to with Islam understand this need and privacy for women.

As a society are we being Hippocratic and what we say and what we actually do??

i do not think it is fully right...in karachi,women sell the garments.........
                in india it is not at all, a problem...my girl friend ,nazia,in india,she is a muslim,goes to shops and buys undergarments and even napkins from the women or men......

there girls buy preventive badges from shops run by men or women and ui have bought condoms from a shop run by a woman......

but i agree with the fact that we indians and pakis say more and do little

Comment

well as far as i have bee there...tthere r undergarment stores where only ladies r allowed and only ladies work there...

and about the darzi thing..its true that men take all the measurments but u can tell them ur measurments urself too....

Comment

india tv brodccast commercial about condoms
                    which you wont even see in west. it is so
                    embarassing.

Comment

I can see some people have posted that there are stores where women sell theses things. But what I heard from my wife and obviously being living in the country for long time she must know the stores where women sell the things. But how many stores are like that?? majority of these stores are in pose areas and specifically ment for rich people, not for ordinary middle class people.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Insaaniat (edited July 22, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by chulbuli larki:

well as far as i have bee there...tthere r undergarment stores where only ladies r allowed and only ladies work there...

I have not seen any of those.. must be very few such stores .. but isnt this hyprocisy in itself when male workers have stuck up outside a sign board saying no 'males' allowed...
                        I mean what ? they consider them selves females or are they too sharif? and those who come with women are supposed to be evil?

Comment

<<
                          even the tailors in india and pakistan are men who have measeure thiie bust size to make cloths? >>

dannnggg, I picked the profession.

Comment

Originally posted by wake_up_dead:
                            I have not seen any of those.. must be very few such stores .. but isnt this hyprocisy in itself when male workers have stuck up outside a sign board saying no 'males' allowed...
                            I mean what ? they consider them selves females or are they too sharif? and those who come with women are supposed to be evil?
                            well i don't actually remember the name of the store but its the most famous brand in pakistan...one of its location is on tariq road as well...only females work there....i dunno if there r a lot of stores like these or not..but i have been to this one...

Comment

Good topic Insaaniat.

>> But we live in a society that forbids the interaction between two sexes. <<

First of all this is not correct, in Pak just like in other country you decide your limits, and if you can't do that your self others will do it for you. Pakistani culture or society does not forbid interaction between male and female, perhaps in some rural areas, but generally normal interaction is no problem.

As for men selling women's stuff, you can buy your stuff in super markets, shopping malls etc. I don't think that there is any law against women selling undergarments for women in Pak, so if no woman wants to sell, too bad. Also as Khan said, mostly mothers / aunts buy such stuff for younger girls, as most young females don't have money on their own, so in any case they'd have to ask.

>>Now in a society like that can I understand how embraced most our girls/women feel when they ask men at counter for their undies??<<

HmmmÖ.or perhaps no one really gives a damn It's not like RehRee wala where you have to ask the guy to hand you your stuff. As I understand it you can go pick your stuff put in on the desk, pay for it and leave.

>> But how many stores are like that?? <<
                              Don't you think that this is a general problem rather than hypocrisy as you're labelling it? Women are not working as in the western world and this is not always by choice as you might have noticed. Unemployment is a serious problem in Pak. In most stores you can buy your basic stuff, and if you're looking for more, you'll have to go to posh areas, as in shopping stores for middle class families, they might not have stuff that general ppl can't afford anyway.

Now that I'm thinking about this topic, I can't really see what you were trying to say

Should we have more shops run by women, if yes than, what's stopping women from doing so today?

Or should we be more open about undergarments discussions?

I do understand the problem however I can't see how I can blame the society for whatever hypocrisy there is.

Comment

Working...
                              X