How much have you changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much have you changed?

I guess this question is directed to the desis living outside of the country. How much have you changed and/or adapted to the western environment? ie: attire, styles of food, language usage within friends/family, preferences for traditional values, etc?

It's a broad question so answers like such won't be scrutinized

I dont know..what part is change from usual and what part is due to just growing as a person. I suppose I continue to become less ethnocentric, and more open to other cultures, music, food, art and festivals.

I guess I value my privacy and my personal time more than I used to. But in all honesty, I dont know how i would have been different if I had grown up in Pakistan.

I guess this may apply more to people who moved from pakistan as adults and had developed personalities by then.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I think I havent changed a lot. I still wear shalwar kameez on daily bases, prefer to eat desi food and cook myself and speak urdu/punjabi with my desi friends.

I am not indo-phobic anymore, thats a major change. hmmm but I still dunk biscuits in my tea so...no I havent changed much.

Comment

Originally posted by who---me:
        cook myself .
        very interesting who_me!

I can't answer this question because this is question is not applicable to my life, since I didn't live there.

Comment

I never lived in pakistan but i did live in Dubai for 10 yrs before moving so i think this counts. In looks, if u compare my pics to the present, I have done a lot of improving. Also...I have actually become more desi...i never used to wear shalwar kameez, eat desi food, listen to desi music, watch indian movies, go to melas, etc. I like melasa and concerts the best Yeah my thinking might have changed since i dont agree on with my parents on almost everything.

Comment

i have to agree that i have changed a lot..but i have always to grasp the positive points of the two cultures.. i am more multicultural now..

I do wear shalwar kameez as well as pants..as soon as i get home, i have to wear my comfy shalwar kameez..at home we eat a mixture of food..but roti curry veg lentils and rice are must as well..those who can understand urdu i speak urdu to them and those who speak english i speak english to them..for usuage of words i always try to speak general words..i refrain myself to speak any slang or bad words..whether its english or urdu.

In short physically i haven't changed much but personality wise i have changed drastically..

Comment

I would be worried if i never changed.In belief,& core values either family or general moral ,i HAVE NOT CHANGED, & DONT WANT TO.

Life is education ,& we learn every day .If we wont incorporate what we learn,education & learning would become boring & useless.Wouldnt it ??

------------------

Woh afsaana jise anjaam tak, laana na ho mumkin
              Use ek KHoobsoorat moR dekar, chhoRna achha

Comment

Working...
              X