Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Fashion Trend in Pak.......

Hi Guys,

A friend on mine... moved to Pakistan to live with her husband who is an army officer, She came back to visit and when we all asked about the latest Fashion Trends - what was In and what was Out.. She said......

Chiken Kapra ( see thru ) with black underwear.... and sleeveless dresses with very low necks was also was very much In!

She said the Modern trendy lady of Pakistan was wearing this.....

How sick is that????/

Have you seen any of these so called trendy ladies in Pakistan?

Any COmments?

haha
    alrite no comment

i am still picking up pieces from my duppatta thread

Comment

lol... wowoeeee
      i dont knwo bout the underwear... but the see thru kameez' with contrast under garments is very in...... seen it too many times
      standing alone on a street of broken dreams

Comment

Mem quote: Hi Guys,
        A friend on mine... moved to Pakistan to live with her husband who is an army officer, She came back to visit and when we all asked about the latest Fashion Trends - what was In and what was Out.. She said......

Chiken Kapra ( see thru ) with black underwear.... and sleeveless dresses with very low necks was also was very much In!

She said the Modern trendy lady of Pakistan was wearing this.....

How sick is that????/

Have you seen any of these so called trendy ladies in Pakistan?

Any COmments?

Mem, t/ so called modern upper class non Lalukheti ppl have always dressed quite fashionably imitating western trends. Women wore sleeveless in t/ 50s' and still continue to wear t/ non traditional versions of shalwaar kameez today. But like I said it's only t/ so called upper calss which barely consists of a percent or two of total Pakistani population. We cannot and should not generalize these trends. Not everybody goes around displaying t/ colour of thr undies in Pakistan - trust me!

Us women currently living in t/ West have this ugly habit of putting down our own in Pakistan, mainly to feel good about ourselves. How else our we going to justify going around "bay dupatta" in America/ England, wearing jeans, dresses and skirts etc.

I was thr quite recently and and have yet to see someone's underwear!! Sleevless yes, among t/ upper class, modern women, but like I said quite rare in t/ non Lalukheti neighbourhoods of Defense and Clifton only!!

What would you say if I said I saw quite a few young girls wearing jeans in Pakistan?? Would that be okay w/ you or not??

Personally I think if we can wear jeans in t/ West, we should cut some slack to our Pakistani women folk back home and get off their backs!!

By t/ way, I personally think sleevless kameez and blouse (w/ a Sari ofcourse!) looks veryy smart, elegant and sophisticated, if one's got t/ figure to carry it!!

p.s. Pls Spare me t/ religious fatwaas on sleeveless!

Comment

Oh COmon Anchal... lets us have your tuppence worth

Khawateen - yikes!! Contrasting undergarments - yikessssssss !

Funky desi.. I quite agree that only the modern upper class women wear the latest trend ... But its not only In the posh areas of Karachi, my friend saw it in a lot of places!

I didnt generalise the whole nation! I too have family in Pak but they are no where near like this...

& I dont have the habit of putting paki women down - just to make myself feel good, I dont wear English clothes myself, only business suits when I really really have to! i am not bay-dupatta either!

I wouldnt say anything if you told me about girls wearing jeans....I might be surprised but wouldnt go round lecturing!

At the end it boils down to - EACH TO THEIR OWN, I was just surprised to hear all this, Pakistan is a muslim country, so the last place I'd want to hear of nangi women would be There!

Actually it just seems - the richer they get - the nangiya they get!

Comment

I have lots of 1/4 sleeves kammezein, so not fully sleeveless...that is probably as far as I would go in displaying any flesh. I find wearing them in summer much more refreshing.

Dont they have this kapra called 'vaila' which is like totally see through and even the rural area women wear it when it is really hot?

Coupling totally sleeveless with low cut neck lines, hmmmm I suppose it can look classy, very classy if worn in the right way, but then as muslims we do have our limits and its good to stay within limits.

But then I suppose it depends on how conservative a certain group of people are, and how wlling they are to deviate from the norm.

But the underwear bit, LOL, thats funny......they gotta get their kicks somewhere innit!

And by the way whats wrong with a dress or a full length skirt with a blouse? I`d say alot of this stuff can be more modest than the so called 'modern' sleevelees, low neckline pakistani dress, through which everything can be seen, dont ya think?

I dont have to justify myself when wearing any of these because I KNOW they look very modest.

And as for jeans, are they any tighter than a spray on pyjama with a thigh length kameez? The former looks alot more modest believe me, in some cases, although the latter is much more accepted.

Comment

What about the slits in the shalwars? I reckon those look quite cool, I converted my slit pants into shalwars and people are like, "yeh Pakistan ka hai?" hehe
              A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

Mem Sahib....check your PM please

I have to say that in my (limited) experience of upper class pakistani girls when they DO wear shalwar kameez they tend to do it with great class....just my observation

Comment

WOMEN?!?!?!

Comment

If u read old Urdu literature books, u will realize that these see through clothing is not new in that area of earth.

Usually women wear lining (Shameez) under that see through clothes but some take a step forward (to show how nice bra thay have got) or simply forget to wear lining (Shameez)under their see through clothes. This approach is not restraint to upper class girls .... I have seen it in middle & working class as well.

Why they do it? I have no clue.

Comment

Asif - I replied.....

Alibeta - cant live with us - cant live without us!!!!

Najim - SO it happens in other areas too - Yikes! But you dont know why either!

Comment

It was summer of 1991, while working on a project in Main Market Gulburg Lahore, we met an “aunty”, and she was wearing that chicken stuff. …But, I was surprised as she acted so casually as it was so normal to wear chicken with no Dobatta and surprisingly no undies….. We thought this must be a Gulburg think and that was it, but then about four years after we were at Shah-Almi the heart to indroon (Walled city) Lahore that we saw young girls wearing the same stuff. The only change was the style, but the girls were not from Gulburg, they were from Islampura, ya I knew they were from Islampura…ok.

So, I think it has nothing to do with which class you belong to, but it has more to do with " look at me ...I am beautiful" kinda stuff
                        بِن دانا پانی میں جی لواں
                        بِن انَک میں جی نہ سکاں

Comment

Its funny - you should say that minime - because my friend was telling us about this slightly older lady ( mid 40's) who wore pink chiken with Black undies....

My friend said she was stood in the middle of bazaar with alot of people straing and gossiping and she was posing as if to show it all off!!

Thats not for fashion - thats for show!

Comment

Comment

even guyz are doing it now, they wear black boxers under their malmal kurta pajama..astaghfarAllah

desi guys have been doign it for the longest time..banyan under see thru shirts..go to your local airport, wait for a flight from pakistan and count..

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X