RK Narayan died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK Narayan died.

grandpa of indian writings in english and perhaps the first one to be celebrated abroad though he did not get million dollor advance that authors today get. i have been more fond of his non-novel writings. very british style english and his choice of words was so perfect that it reminded wodehouse at times. brother of RK Laxman, a celebrated cartoonist of Times of India, he has a subtle sense of humor which often made the writings lively.

One of my favorite writers of all times. I grow up reading his short stories and novels. Swami (his first) is my all time favorite followed by Malgudi Days.

I think that the current generation of Indian writers owe a lot to RK Narayan. No doubt that his style cannot be replicated but the legacy can be.

May his soul rest in peace.

Comment

Ahmadi yar, I know that you are an intellectual 'n all but there got to be some writers in the world that you haven't read. No? Com'on.

Comment

Rom, RK Narayan is often times compared to Chekov. And yes, there are a few writers whose work I am not familiar with (although I canít think of any at this moment). To not to be familiar with RK Narayanís work is like not knowing how to eat. Just in case if you already didnít know that I am more passionate about literature than anything else. A good read is more orgasmic than any other experience. Very few writers have come close to Narayan in terms of configuration and conformation.

If you had gotten your butt in action and posted about someone who inspired you, we would all be familiar with who you read. Sadi Sobi is very upset with you. Itís still not too late to do it.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NYAhmadi:

I am more passionate about literature than anything else. A good read is more orgasmic than any other experience.

Ur poor wife - Such harsh competition from a guy who aint even alive anymore. Poor thing

If you had gotten your butt in action and posted about someone who inspired you, we would all be familiar with who you read. Sadi Sobi is very upset with you. Itís still not too late to do it.

Nah don't worry about it NYA, i don't get upset easily. In all honesty i did have an ulterior motive behind asking Romaan to tell me about his inspirations. I won't go into any details here cuz it's a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng story. His failure = My success. Sam knows what i'm talking about

Can I pick some1 else ????

So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:
          Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.

Comment

Sobz, unless there are some deep kinky prospects, how can I let you 'lose'?

Comment

Quit it with the cyber rape and tell me if ur actually gonna post anything. I've got a list of people who i'd actually like to choose

Comment

Quit with your cyber rap and move on with your life, it sounds like a broken record now.

Comment

No thankyou. I refuse to let this game go to waste cuz of ur lazy antics. Just say Yes or No - How difficult could that be

Comment

So let me get this straight, you want me to write something on inspiration (I have yet to look up dictionary for that word) just because you say so?

Comment

Ok, u know something Romaan .... don't u dare post a thing. I knew it was way beyond ur intellectual capabilities.

Like I could give a sh*t

So NYA, do I have ur permission to pick some1 else ???

Comment

>>>So NYA, do I have ur permission to pick some1 else ???
                        <<

Did not you read the ZZ's post girl. RK narayan is dead. I guess we would have to wait for your next inspirational article

Roman janab aithey intellectualism di gall ho rahi ay..tusi jao...te jaa ke gannay choopoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadi Sobi:

So NYA, do I have ur permission to pick some1 else ???

Like, since when you required *permission* of anyone to do anything here?

Comment

Rom, don't you ever get tired of playing god?

Comment

No Naik, but I do get tired of writing.

Comment

Working...
                              X