Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm so glad I'm not a Pakistani girl.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad I'm not a Pakistani girl.....

...not that there is anything wrong with them (quite the contrary in fact )...but the way they are generally treated in our society is really awful and the WORST is that we use Islam as the reason for oppressing them

Saba's post on marriage and parents etc has just reinforced it

bechaarii larkiyaan

[This message has been edited by Asif (edited April 11, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Asif (edited April 11, 2001).]

O Phha Ji larkiyon ko bechari mat kaho, kiyon apni shamat bula rahe ho. yahan ki larkiyan itni bechari nahin hain.

Comment

you're worse as i see it..you're a paki guy!

------------------
      '"Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who
      you are.........."

Comment

Originally posted by isloo_ki_anarkali:

diti dito dito
        You guys are under pressure more. eg. pressure from ma & pa, biwi & bache, rishedar etc etc

Comment

Here's the thing:

I'm so glad i'm a girl.

I'm so glad i'm Pakistani.

But i don't like this paired up combination.

Strange huh.

Comment

by ik anarkali

main ne kaha tha apni shamat mat bulwao Asif chan

Comment

As it appears to me, pakistani girls seem to be more oppressed. No matter how much you deny it, IT IS the case pretty much all over south asian countries, including India, Pakistan, and even even central asian Afghanistan.
              But lets just talk about Pakistan here.

Anyway Pakistan just has a lot more unnecessary restrictions on girls, even when the restrictions should be imposed on guys and not girls. For eg. some families discourage college education because girls have to actually GO OUT to a college; cuz she has to go through all those Taroo-men ogling like vultures in Pakistan at those college girls. And not a day goes by when you hear guys 'passing a dirty comment' . Its a tragic but one of the least discussed part of our society. Perhaps we need to educate the males of our society to respect the girls to correct the situation. But ofcourse teaching girls Martial Arts, Kungfu, Shaolin Tiger style kick boxing might help

Comment

someone should also mention that pakistani girls have got it much better than many other muslims. Imagine being a girl in Saudia.

Comment

Can someone define the term *oppressed*?
                  I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                  - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Asif

I am glad u are not a pakistani girl either. I mean if ppl see a pakistani girl with a 5 o clock shadow it may bring their opinions of Pakistani beauty down

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
                      Asif

I am glad u are not a pakistani girl either. I mean if ppl see a pakistani girl with a 5 o clock shadow it may bring their opinions of Pakistani beauty down

*on a serious note*..its paki men that bring paki women down...

Comment

Maani goes,
                        >> someone should also mention that pakistani girls have got it much better than many other muslims. Imagine being a girl in Saudia.<<

err been there done that.

Nothing oppressive about that either .

And please, don't tell me driving is the issue here when it comes to Saudia Arabia..

In that case we could go on and on with complaints , it's a neverending episode

Comment

Fraudia jee, u rock here.

Comment

Pir sahib tussee kee keh rahe ho

Comment

Working...
                            X