What to do with da Cheaters???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with da Cheaters???

Ok, so maybe y'all are thinking cheaters as of marriage/relationship, but no, I am talking about in class, in papers/exams/assignments.

I am about to graduate but through my college life I have seen that my fellow country men are keen & extremely deliberate when it comes to cheating!

They would work twice as hard to organize & make themselves a perfect *booty* rather than studying for the test. Will beg without any self-esteem in front of others to do their assignment but don't realize that they can do it themselves-or at least I have faith that they can!

I try to talk to the few that I have influence, but the more I try the more I realize that its just not a few ... aAway ka Awaa hi bigra hua haiN

And I don't understand what they 'll do when they face the real world???
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

nice topic ahmedjee but does it belong here?
    A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

Dear Billi Khala:

There is a lot going on in General/Cafe these days, hacking, vulgarity etc.

Not to mention I think its a family matter, so should be in Family Life forum.

BTW where do you think I should post this? =)
      I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      - Robert McCloskey

Comment

If its a question of morality I guess it's fine.

Cheating is very bad...yes, I agree....I've become so dense lately...I can't think.
        A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

haha been discussed here before....
          check it out
          http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum1/HTML/003460.html
          Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Actually, what I don't understand is how can a person live with him/herself after cheating? Isn't there a small little voice in every person called conscious? And even more than cheaters, I marvel at the thinking process of the people who let these cheaters work for them. Ahh well, as it's said, hur kisi nay apni apni kabur mai jana hay. Enjoy my dear...as I am enjoying it as well...life that is.
            Life is only a dream.

Comment

Its part of the 'Culture' ... so guess where does it belong

[This message has been edited by Pristine (edited April 06, 2001).]

Comment

Ok, Bhai Pristine ... let see how far this can go among ambiyaN, cricket & Monto ...

And no, I disagree that cheating is our culture! Growing trend? Maybe ...
                - Robert McCloskey

Comment

I have a great deal of difficulty accepting certain things as being a part of our culture. I have to disagree with that.

There are dishonest, scheming and conniving people in every ethnic group. Why give ourselves such a bad time. Perhaps beating ourselves up is something that is part of our culture too?

About the subject...hmmm....I also fail to understand the reasoning behind working so hard to be prepared to cheat when the same amount of effort could be applied to legitimately learning the material......what's the deal?

Comment

cheating in exams etc...

at one time if one took part in it, one was at an unfair advantage, sadly i think that has changed that now if one does not partake in this corruption, one is at an unfair disadvantage due to the fact that so many people are doing this.

Lack of accountability propogates it, and people who have done this have no shame.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

It wasn't me, honest!

Comment

I was once caught cheating in Pakistan... I had to go through enough trouble, shame and embarrassment to discourage me from cheating for the rest of my life. Still in my college I see our desi students relying on cheating alot. Like this guy I know called America
                        " A cheating paradise" rightly so because the pakistani usually are very skilled in this diabolic practice.

I know these 15 + desi students in one of the programming class at my school who were caught cheating after the finals and they all are doing Business Administration now. So much for becoming a Computer Scientist... and telling their parents the 'mood change' responsible for changing their majors.

This example tells me a lot. I believe in working hard and getting the grade what I deserve. Call me old fashioned, but I would rather get a C in an exam then being caught for looking over at another dumbass's answers who is more likely to attempt a wrong answer.

In my geography freshmen class, I got 2 C's in the first two exams. The girl next to me kept getting A's cuz she was plainly cheating off my friend in the middle. But I didnt lose my hope and kept studying and taking exams. I pride myself with an A in that class. She got an A too but atleast I know Tijuana is in Mexico and NOT in Turkey.

So stay away from cheating friends. Its your best bet.

Comment

Cheating is downright low. The way I see it cheating tells a lot 'bout one as a person. Once a cheater always a cheater. If someone can cheat off of a paper/a test/an exam/a lab, what's to say that they won't uphold the same practice in any other aspect of life as well. And no, it's not a cultural problem, but rather one of conscience and morals. Not only are the cheaters to be blamed but also the ones who let others cheat off of themselves. They both should be considered equal partners in crime. Since the emphasis nowadays leans more towards getting an education and letting it pay off, many a times people forget that a degree is merely a guarantee of having passed one phase of life and indication to move on to the next one. Every person should comprehend that the foremost significant purpose of the whole process of learning is to educate one's conscience truthfully, and then guard it carefully, for it is the only one every individual will ever have.

Comment

Nice to hear these morality speaches and its the easiest thing to look down on others doings.. but in my view persons really worth comes during some really tough trials in life.. I have seen in my engineering class in Pakistan all the honest and hardworking students when they went for jobs headed straight towards dishonesty and all the chaps who were considered cheaters chose design work and are still satisfied with what they r paid...
                            we consider smuggling as the biggest crime.. but what is it not giving taxes.. but who gives taxes in Pak.. do all hajis and good muslims pay fulll taxes in pakistan.. so they r all not smugglers..
                            Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

well i would agree with cats it is a matter of morality..akal virasat me nahe milte.... so bohot kam logo ke pas hote hai ..
                              cheater...se them everywhere...and sometimes i am surprise how in a world they get away.. i mean they sell there notes for like 20$ a page....mostly for like biology, chemistry ...they even have here small business cards saying

***need an A paper****
                              contact us
                              000-000-0000

and i am like what the heck.....jo mehnat kar ke likhta hai..us ke mehnat gaye bhar me..
                              Life became all Gray! But NOW i have decided to paint it all over again.

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

Comment

Working...
                              X