Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are the same animals ..(Q 4 NYA 10)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    are the same animals ..(Q 4 NYA 10)

    we see eating all the garbage on the road sides the ones we get our milk and meat from?

    #2
    umm should I also tell you what all goes into growing the veggies and fruits that you eat?

    and if you have a strong heart maybe I will tell you about origins of mushrooms as well as honey
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

    Comment


      #3
      I will try to fish out an article that was in the NYT a week or so ago......about Nigeria, where farmers use 'human waste' as fertilizer for their crops. And the folks who collect that waste from dump sites and haul it over.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Eastern Analog:
        I will try to fish out an article that was in the NYT a week or so ago......about Nigeria, where farmers use 'human waste' as fertilizer for their crops. And the folks who collect that waste from dump sites and haul it over.
        what do u mean? 'human waste' (of course after it rots for a year) is used as fertilizer for crops from centuries in indian subcontinent. It is difficult to do it due to dificulties in collection at one place. Cowdung, is however rated notch above chemical fertilizer by farmers.

        Comment


          #5
          The farming land very close to the settlements(villages, towns etc) was considered lot more fertile than the one farther from them before the modern chemical fertilizers were invented. Now you tell me why was that?

          Waqas yaar are you also from ones who think wheat flour grows on trees?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by ZZ:
            what do u mean? 'human waste' (of course after it rots for a year) is used as fertilizer for crops from centuries in indian subcontinent. It is difficult to do it due to dificulties in collection at one place. Cowdung, is however rated notch above chemical fertilizer by farmers.

            ZZ...remember the stationary toilets in old indian/pakistani homes? where the residents would use the toilet till it was full, and then a cleaner would come in either weekly, or perhaps every morning, and haul the 'stuff' away? Well the same happens in Nigeria for the most part even today. And the human waste that is collected from homes, is dumped at collection sites. And people take it from there and cart it off to farmers who buy it from them and use it as manure. Its cheaper.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ChannMahi:
              The farming land very close to the settlements(villages, towns etc) was considered lot more fertile than the one farther from them before the modern chemical fertilizers were invented. Now you tell me why was that?
              laPaRe?

              Comment

              Working...
              X