Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Culture of Pakistan? Is it...really? Nah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Culture of Pakistan? Is it...really? Nah!

We Pakistanis are so proud of our selves being Pakistanis. Not just us, every society and every group of people in every nation are proud to be part of their nation. We all have different culture, different ways of life, etc.[some of us "think" we do] We all regard our selves as "free-people," free-people meaning, we are "free" as part of our nation as a whole and "free" of other social and cultural heldbacks.

Others might be free of that social and culture heldback, but are we Pakistanis free of such thing? Clearly the answer is, NO!

We call our selves Pakistanis, but we do nothing that represents Pakistan, except for the name Pakistan its self! We call our selves Muslims and Pakistanis, yet we do most of the customs and rituals which belong to and are solely part of Hindu and indian culture. It seems as if, Pakistan has become or already is a "modified-version-of-Hinduism." The only difference we have is that hindus have many gods and we have only one God. We chose to follow the orders of their gods since we follow their ways of life. And have made our one God a "show-off" object and a dividing line between them and our selves.

Who are we trying to fool here, our own one God, our selves or hindus?

Hindu culture has infiltrated our homes and we so called "muslims" are inclining and made to like it as part of our own culture, if not religion!!!
    If you as a kid in Pakistan about certain Indian movies, he/she will know every single detail about it. He/She will name every member of movie cast with their biographies. - At the same time if you ask him/her about his religious background and why is he/she Muslim, he/she will have no clue of what you're talking about! <pretty sad, isn't it?>

Are we really reasoning and living like a Pakistani-Muslims in a logical way?

I don't think we are free or free of being Pakistanis who's culture is a "modified-branch" of hindu culture! A free man is one who lives under guidence of reason, who is not led by fear, but who directly desires that which is good, in other words, who strives to act, to live, and to preserve his being on basis of seeking his own true self, so he maybe considered a different human being, culturaly as well as religiously.

Does Pakistan have its own culture, other than mixture of hindu/indian cultures?

I think we do. We are Muslims, Islam is a total way of life and totally a culture all by its self in a class of its own, but in reality, we are hesitant to follow it and to preserve it and to make it a part of our lives, no wonder westerns think of us(india and pakistan) as "same" group of people.

What do you think? Let your most inner thoughts come out, and let the reality speak for its self.

PS: Sabah, this time I have a hard-copy of this post.

Take it easy...

------------------
    *V~V~V*He came, He saw, He conquered*V~V~V*

well said bro..
    it sure is a sad situation..i agree that our ppl know more abt indian culturez than their own pakistani culture...i've notice that our ppl really don't feel comfortable when they represent themselvez as pakistani..

i dunno y!!??..

dJ_ArSH
    pakbeat

------------------
    ik nazer ke liey umer bher..umer bher ke liey ik nazer..

Comment

Exactly, most of us would rather speak english than speak our native langues such as Punjabi or Urdu. One of my class-fellows, he was from Mir-pur, Pakistan and I know they speak very good punjabi and urdu, but he use to talk to other in english most of the times; clearly to hide his ethnicity.

What happened to other Pakistanis? Can't write anything out of shame...perhaps?

Take it easy!

------------------

Comment

*Claps*

A very very and very good post Watcher.

True, very true what you have said, unfortunately only a few of us realize what really matters and what really is wrong with Pakistan, but the majority…..well you know better.

There is so much energy and blood wasted on this Indian and Pakistan scenario because of the hate, but still every night in almost every Pakistani house an Indian movie is played and watched. I have also heard that people in Pakistan are wearing mangansuter (that marriage necklace thingy for married Hindu females) as fashion? That's so ridiculous!!! I mean look at it, girls getting sexually abused in concerts in a Muslim country? It's a shame! Specially so called these Modern Muslims who have invented their own Islam, to have their ways with it. They need to be shot in the head again and again and again and again again again again till the charger is emptied….

sorry if i got carried away....

------------------
        We are the Taleban! Resistance is Futile!

Comment

Youngbrat!

We fought for Pakistan, following and making Pakistani/Islamic culture part of our daily life shouldn't be as hard! Most of the people are ignorent of the facts, they "think" they can change Islam and mold in the way they want it and in way it suits them. Same goes for Pakistani culture, they think they can mold it here and there and add some things from hindu culture and subtract some from our own and we'll be happy. We watch their movies daily, which is pretty sad. We hate them, we have build atom bombs because of our competetion to destroy them yet we follow their ways of life and their rituals and their foot steps.

Look at stupid Pakistanis girls, who die even when you mention names of India movie stars. How stupid can we get? They live in a dreamy world and imaginery "dunniya" when reality striks them from all corners they remain as dumb as before and cannot deal with the situation!

Wake up Pakistanio, they are giving you a "ideaological-shots" wake up there is still some time left!

------------------

Comment

U GOT THAT RIGHT.... Truely i think we should WAKE-UP. I cant bleave that we are doing things like that. Y is this hapning? I think cuz we r forgetting who we are and trying to get too mordren or i would have protend that we are mordern. Its a sham for us but its is not looked upon as sham for most PK people. I hope a leader would drive us back which will talk a time to get cuz our leaders are corrupt rite now. H0PE full a good one will come...
            inshallah
            --

------------------
            Aslam-O-Alikum
            Fair to All.

Comment

Watcher dear told you to be good if you decide to re-post this

Anyway, here we go.

First explain to me the word culture, please.

Is there or should there be a difference between religion and culture? Kindly keep in mind all the non-Muslims we have in Pak

How many different cultures have effected ‘hindu culture’? Kindly mention their religion as well

>>We call our selves Pakistanis, but we do nothing that represents Pakistan, except for the name Pakistan its self!<<

What represents Pakistan?
              Plz define Pak culture.

>>We call our selves Muslims and Pakistanis,
              yet we do most of the customs and rituals which belong to and are solely part of Hindu and indian culture. <<

Explain the relationship between religion and culture. Could I follow Hindu culture and still be Muslim, I assume by hindu you mean Indian, or else this question is not valid? Kindly note that we have Europeans etc how have converted to Islam they still follow their nations culture.

>>Does Pakistan have its own culture, other than mixture of hindu/indian cultures? <<

What does it mean to have a culture of your own, also how do you ‘create’ a new culture?

>>We are Muslims, Islam is a total way of life and totally a culture all by its self in a class of its own, but in reality, we are hesitant to follow it and to preserve it and to make it a part of our lives, no wonder westerns think of us(india and pakistan) as "same" group of people. <<

Chanda you could say this simple thing without comparing us with others, and offending our culture!

More when I get some answers from you dear, you don’t have to answer by the way, I’ll understand.

Hmmm hard copy, what if I dunn believe you, may I try

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited November 20, 2000).]

Comment

great post watcher...i wana say something but naa i might offend the innocent...so better keep it to my self...laterzzz keep it up!!!

------------------
                Jaagtey rehna...merey pe na rehna

Comment

Dear Sabah,

I will answer don't you worry dear, but tomorow inshallah.

------------------

Comment

Look at stupid Pakistanis girls, who die even when you mention names of India movie stars. How stupid can we get? They live in a dreamy world and imaginery "dunniya" when reality striks them from all corners they remain as dumb as before and cannot deal with the situation!
                    Now let's not forget stupid Pakistani guys either (don't generalize btw).

------------------
                    Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing all my life!

Comment

Sabah, my post was solely towards Pakistani MUSLIMS copying hindu traditions and rituals. We as Muslims, should go be more smart to practice our own Islamic traditions and not copy our enemies and enemies of our Religion. I don't think Muslims should put "culture" before their religion.

Muslims did rule India for over 1000 years, but I see Hinduism having more effect of Muslims of Pakistan and they copying Hindus, rather than we effecting them. What ever effect Islam had on Hinduism, is not visible except for their hate towards us has been increased.

Islam/Muslims represent Islam.

Saying "Indian" includes the Muslims living in India, so I would prefer if you use word such as Hindu. As I said, we are Muslims, our culture, our religion and our lifestyle should be Islamic. If you have slight knowledge of Islam with regards to Quran and other aspects of it, you would even consider following or having a lifestyle other than your own. What is the good in abandoning your own religion and going by some other fantasy religion, which has extravagant hate towards you?

[You repeated some questions more than once...]

No one suggested a "new" culture, we already have a our religion Islam, which is a culture, a religion, a lifestyle, a way of life in a class of its own.

Offensive? Truth is offensive dear, always(suach karwaa hotta hei). So, get use to it and make your self strong enough to face the truth, when it hits ya. Muslims of Pakistan do copy Hinduism. Muslim of Pakistan pay money to hindus to have other Muslim brothers and sister to be killed in Kashmir. Muslims of Pakistan, do buy their filthly-standardized movies.

Instead of making them copy us, we are copying them. Are we so that low?

Yes, I have a hard copy, but I suggest you leave the post alone. PLEASE...

Hum Sa ho to samney ayey, I apologize. Yes guys and gals most of them.

Take it easy!

------------------

Comment

Watcher basically you are trying to tell me that we should not have a culture as such, religion is and should be enough right? My question to this is – why do we have to compare us with others, by insulting them or our selves to come to this conclusion? And If Islam does have a culture how come we have failed to follow it? Hopefully not because of Hinduism or any other religion. [Kindly note that I haven’t said anything about whether we should or shouldn’t follow Islam]

>>Whatever effect Islam had on Hinduism is not visible except for their hate towards us has been increased. <<
                        Dunno the Indian culture that well, so can’t say that none of Indian traditions have roots in Islam. Someone once said, he was prolly teasing Indians that they didn’t bath, Indians I mean, and Muslims taught them that. Anyway, I’ve read about Islam’s effect on Hinduism, lekin I still don’t know enough to pass judgements.

>> . If you have slight knowledge of Islam with regards to Quran and other aspects of it, you would even consider following or having a lifestyle other than your own. What is the good in abandoning your own religion and going by some other fantasy religion, which has extravagant hate towards you? <<

Sir jee, don’t jump between religion and culture, as you probably know these are two very different things. And lets not talk about what I prefer – or any fantasy religion [I suggest you show a lil more respect towards Hinduism, after all we have ‘em in Pak as well ]. I guess if we stick with your own original topic, I don’t have to talk about what’s good and bad about religions. By following some aspects of another culture you’re not exactly converting to that culture. Still I suggest you explain to me what you think culture means.

>> No one suggested a "new" culture, we already have a our religion Islam, which is a culture, a religion, a lifestyle, a way of life in a class of its own. <<

No arguments at all – However, I would be so khush if you could explain to me how a culture is formed? What factors are imported? Like Ppl in Pak eat ‘Roti’ that’s our culture, so why roti, why not bread? And why does a Muslim born or converted in the west eat bread and not roti? [Nope me not dumb, and I’m very serious ]

>> Truth is offensive dear, always(suach karwaa hotta hei). <<

Nope there is a clear difference between truth and offence beta jee – you’re telling me that some cultural history with over 5000 years is nothing? Mind honey Indian or Hindu culture has been influenced by many different Muslim nations, not just the Mughals.

>> So, get use to it and make your self strong enough to face the truth, when it hits ya. <<

Hmmm wut truth baba? In what way should *I* make me little self stronger and face what truth about which reality? In other words what am *I* doing wrong haiN?

>> Muslims of Pakistan do copy Hinduism. <<

Yep, we’ve started going to mandirs now! I love rakhi by the way

>> Muslim of Pakistan pay money to Hindus to have other Muslim brothers and sister to be killed in Kashmir. <<
                        HaiN – and I thought we were poor ppl, can we really afford to pay others to kill us. I must say this is low act, at least that we should be able to do by our selves, fazool meiN terrorist khelwate haiN huh!

Btw. Did you mean by buying their products? Try conveying same message and at the same time be a lil more ‘political correct’ and I’ll agree.

>> Instead of making them copy us, we are copying them. Are we so that low? <<
                        We should not ‘make’ others do anything, try being good example, like when you write a reply to me, lemme see how good you can cover your words. See no one listens to you, if you insult them, use other tactics – use your Muslim culture sir, convinces ppl with love and respect!

Nice talking to you by the way

Comment

Based on Watcher's posts we still haven't established a clear distinction between religion and culture.

He keeps suggesting that Islam provides both. But how can that be? Muslims in different parts of the world live by distinctly different cultures. The "roti" example is a good one Saba because it's simple.

Comment

Sabah, long post.

You and Muzna, keep on forgetting, people in the other islamic countries are Muslim, they have cultures that Islam approves of. The practices that "WE" Muslims copy from hindusim are not approved by Islam. ALlah says do not copy the disbelievers, they are your enemies.

Why do you have to copy Hindus? Why can't you live by Islam and the culture that it offers.

I will write more in details...

------------------

Comment

Watcher,

You're missing the point. Culture and Religion are not one and the same.

Many things contribute to culture...including geographical location, climate, raw resources available, etc., etc.

While religion cannot be changed....culture must vary.

Comment

Working...
                              X