Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please can you recommend some Urdu/English books to read...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REAL sci fi?
    how much real could it be than that?
    just because its not like 2001?

SCifi dunn hafta be serious, or drama or just action oriented
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Fraudia bhai jaan

I mean what is called "HARD" sci-fi--that is sci-fi grounded in real science...

Comment

Waisay kisee nay "Dastaan-e-ameer hamza" parrhi hai kya?

Comment

Khurram have u read Hemingway's "Sun Also Rises"....i like that one...

Austin...hmmm...is too zanana ....angrezi ki bushra rehman or salma kanwali'll its better to watch 2 hr movie based on her novels than reading those lengthy novels

Hugo's...Les miserables is a very good choice....i still have to watch the show...may be one of these days....

X-Factor...ofcourse ....Daastan-e-Amir Hamza
          is a must read....i luved that character "Ummro Ayyaar"...and his "ZaNbeel"....

Comment

Kaliya sub ke liay .. jo bhi kitab chahiay .. Kaliya say roju karain.

Comment

Okay....so the book gets a mention here by Fraud.....

But I know that I posted a message about it somewhere too....must be in another section.

Comment

Here is some of my fav. (the ones that just flashed to me)
                Urdu
                Mushtaq Ahmed Yousfi .. definitely one of the best Urdu Writer

Zer-Guzshet
                Chriag-Talay
                Ab-e-Gum

Shehab Nama by Qudrat Ullah Shehab
                Pressure Cooker by Sadik Salik

English
                Indus saga by Itzaz Ehsan

Hanif Kuarshi I like all of his work

Black Album
                My son the fanatic
                Love in a Blue Time
                Buddha of Suburbia
                My beautiful launderette

Ugly American
                Freedom at midnight by Larry Collins
                American Brat by Bapsi Sidhwa
                My Feudal Lord by Tehmina Durrani
                House of Saud by A.K.Abrush
                Train Spotting
                Memories of a Geisha

More later……

------------------
                Hey one more thing
                These things are hard to explain
                For some it seems strange... to swallow
                The frontier of our minds
                Is the last place we find
                But maybe the first place we should go

Comment

Originally posted by NaikLarki:
                  Seagull is a must read...infact it is a kinda book u wanna read again and again...and good thing is its very short....u'll read it in an hour or so....
                  I haven't read illusions yet...but just ordered it
                  Naik,

Jonathan Livingston Seagull is a simple book with a simple message put in a very innovative way. that said, i dont find it to be a very deep or philosophical read, maybe good for one reading, maybe two..after that, its just too dry.
                  Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Hmm....I liked the book...but only read it twice.

I do recommend it every chance I get though.

I haven't read Illusions. The person that told me to read Seagull said Illusions wasn't as good so I didn't bother.

I picked up Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance but haven't had the time to start it yet. Perhaps I should find it first.......

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;Naik,

Jonathan Livingston Seagull is a simple book with a simple message put in a very innovative way. that said, i dont find it to be a very deep or philosophical read, maybe good for one reading, maybe two..after that, its just too dry.>>>>>>>>

abay, apna size dekho aur apni baateiN dekho:-P...
                      "i dont find it to be very deep or philosophical"...

bava tum ko kitni depth chaiay?? goDay goDay ya moonDay moonDay???per dhyaan rahe kahiN doob na jaomeri manoo to stick wid this giTay giTay deep book....jeans ko ooper fold kiay bina hi pani meiN se guzar jaoaqalmandi yahi hei

ok ok lemme be serioustry meiN kiya harj hei...

hmmm kher i read this book almost a yr ago after Muzna has recommended it here on the forum(read it twice)....i was fascinated by the book at the time(now i wonder why)...i bought 2 more copies one for my niece(6 yrs old) and one for my nephew(9 yrs old). My niece just turned 7 last week and she still thinks that its the best book she have ever read, even better than "Secret Garden"...which is 2nd bestMy nephew doesn't like it anymore....

kher i read the book for the third time couple of weeks ago and since then i am wondering that why i liked this book so much a yr ago
                      The book has nothing to offer to a mature adult reader...u r right, its a very simple book carrying a very simple message, "You can do anything u want, u can achieve anything u want, if u try hard enuff"...
                      and there is nothing philosophic about that message either....but i'll still say that it is a good book for kids....especially for teenagers

...and for u queery, i'll recommend "Sidhartha" by Herman Hesse....jao bava moonDay moonDay pani meiN chubiyaaN maro:-P per dhyaan se

Comment

Re: Please can you recommend some Urdu/English books to read...

Hello you can read Peer e kamil by Umera Ahmad download PDF here
                        Peer e Kamil by Umera Ahmad PDF free download | Pdf Books Free Download

Comment

ye to poora shair ban gya
                          naik larki
                          chirri ki dukki
                          Turn the table...
                          Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

Comment

itna purana thread kis ne bump kiya
                            We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

Yeah sab kami25 ki shararat hai.
                              People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

Working...
                              X