Desi Ad Campaigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desi Ad Campaigns

Some advertising campaigns are never to be forgotten...either it's because we heard/saw them at an impressionable age or because we just loved the way they were presented....

Remember:

Chai chahiyay?
    Kaunsi janab?
    Lipton peeji-yay....

Any that you remember?

yeah but i changed the words...can u recall the original?

bhool na jana phir papa
    charas lay kar ghar aana
    mazay mazay ki cirgat pi kar
    main nay toh hai tun ho jana
    bhool no jana phir papa
    ab na bhoolon ga kutya...

and

aboo aaa gaye
    kahan hai mera cirgat bhara hua
    kahan hai meri beeri bharri hui
    jab tak na hon gay donon bharay hua
    mein bhi yoon hi para rahoon ga
    subah bhara hua, shaam bhara hua
    tunki ka paigham bharra hua

(bharra hua used to be a slang for weed smokes)
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Muzna,

I still remember that black and white Advert of Lipton, Nirala (actor) was the main character of that ad. The ad was picturised in 1974-75 or may be earlier.

Comment

start yaad nahiN - lekin kuch yoon hai

Jo thi kal bhi pasand
        jo hai ab bhi pasand
        meri muthi meiN band
        hai kya? bata do naaa

Naaz paan masala....

Comment

Here's one I can remember--I think its for some kind of paan masala...

A guy sings

Acchee see ik gaaRi ho
          LaRki us mein pyaari ho
          ? ? sipaari ho
          (You see him in a car with a girl, eating this paan masala)
          aglee line goes like this:

Aajaye uska baap to khawaari ho!!!

Comment

Remember that wave of pepsi ads?
            I remember one with Michael Jackson..and that little kid dancing to Beat it..the kid is that guy Carlton from the show Fresh Prince of Belair.
            most of all, i remember ramzan, and the hoard of Bata shoes ads, Servis shoes, and the screams of Sale sale sale...mardana zanana aur bachagana malboosaat par zabardasstttttt sale.

Comment

How about Binaca toothpaste ad with baby Afshan. As a kid, I remeber that ad got pretty popular back in 70's.

Comment

roman

my parody#2 is a binaca parody, sing it..
                Parody #1 is "naurass" the drink mix ad.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

ami jaldi ho jitni
                  lay kar ayein phool chutni..
                  bhaij to di hai mein ney gudooo kay haath..
                  phool chutni gudooo ney kar di hai saaf..
                  phool chutni powder...
                  phool chutni powder.

Comment

here's another one

Munna garmee say bay chaen
                    foran kholiye millat fan
                    thandee thandee hawa chalay toh
                    munay ko foran aaye chaen..

Comment

hmmmm and what about that viatl signs pepsi ad

scene the guys are in a truck driving to a concert (poor band has to drive its own semi)
                      there is a traffic jam or road block

guy 1: jaldi karro, daer ho rahee hai
                      guy 2: ab kya ho ga
                      guy 3: yaar woh concert toh gaya ab yaheen kartay hain concert..

and then they start singing in the middle of the highway..hmmm

Comment

Talking of Pepsi, I remeber there were couple of really cool Pepsi ads back in 80's. Good song and picturization.

One was with these guys (white) playing frisbee and another was Imran Khan bowling and batting. It was the peak time in Imran Khan's career at that point and the ad really stirred up excitment in people.

Comment

yeah that was a good ad, imran khan and pepsi cola, prolly my fav pakistani ad.

why are the cigarette ads so cheesy?
                          couple of chichora gora guys arrive at a pub in a sports car, watches the game on a Tv smiles at some girl and smokes a cigarette..

errr..okay

Comment

I remember after Pepsi Cup/Sharjah April '99, Pepsi had a commercial endorsing the World Cup '99 with the whole team.
                            And Miandad is saying a few lines, showing his picture with the pepsi.
                            Then when Miandad quit as coach, they didn't know what to do with the commercial so they cut him out and kept his voice.

Also I remember 6-7 years ago, Wasim Akram telling everyone not to smoke, haha and then you see him in April at Sharjah smoking a cigerette.

Comment

I heard they have stopped Cricket cig ads for Wilson cig, I don't know if it's true or not.

The really good ad for cig was used to be for Goldleaf. They would show this British, wealthy guy who is an art and antiques collector and kinda give you stylish, upperclass look at Goldleaf. (And no doubt, Goldleaf is the best cig I have smoked in my smoking career - There is no other cig like it!).

Comment

Working...
                              X