No announcement yet.

Falsays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yaar , ppl. , I think many of us what is a falsa what is a shareefa and what is a shehtoot , OK lets start with falsa , falsa is a kind of berry which I don't know what it is called in English , Shareefa the custard apple is of small apple's size , Jaman looks like of cherry's family but is not sour and is dark purple in color , shehtoot looks like a catterpillar and is called mulberry in English .
    Piladai Mujhai Woh Mai Purda Soz, Kai Aati Nahin Fasl e Gul Roz Roz...

Comment

Aur haaan ghalib mian

urdu 101.

falsa = singular
      falsay = plural

falsays = burger
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Great.. now I know what shetoot is. And yupp... I've eaten them..

Comment

nahi bay.. I don't like falsays in my burger..

[This message has been edited by ghalib (edited August 16, 2000).]

Comment

My mouth is watering....I love them all.... Falsay, Shatoot (black and white) Shareefa..Leechi, Jammun and Baaer.

I always visit Indian in fall or spring all these yummy fruits are avialable in summer. BTW, Leechi and Shareefay can be bought in chinese stores.

Comment

thanks Mr. Frauds, I think i've eaten them!!
              i can share all of your happy memories now...are they those small purple-ish things?
              A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

aaah...i don't know what faalsay are..i've heard the name plenty of times though.
                one of the treats when visiting pakistan was definitely trying all sorts of different foods...that was if my stomach could handle it.

i love jaaman! everytime we visited our nana abbu's house, all of us cousins would gang up and go up to the roof and break jaamans off the neighbours tree which hung off the wall and was a pain in the neck to reach but that's where the boys came in handy...accumulating all sorts of furniture, chaarpaaiyaan and moorrhay and climbing walls and then we'd add salt and eat 'em right there..
                and when the elders inquired why our hands and tongues were purple, we'd simply grin and run off.

Shahtoots are cool too, i remember we have a tree in our house...but it was too high for us kidsÖeven though all the other trees had been conquered (amrood...yumm!!) but this was a rather fragile and very tall one. So we used to get our baba ji to bring out his wooden ladder and fetch us some shahtoot...he would mumble but never said no. awww I miss him now...we once pulled out a gaajar from our garden and it was a big fat one but was half eaten...we showed it to baba and he said it was a jinnís doing. Needless to say the kids blved him :-/ but later we found out he had eaten it and stuck it back in the ground so that itíd re-grow...at least thatís what he said when we confronted him.

those were some good fun filled days...

Comment

Originally posted by Rani:
                  I always visit Indian in fall or spring .
                  Hmmm which indian do you visit in fall or spring

heh good to see you outside the high octane forums

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by cat-woman:
                    thanks Mr. Frauds, I think i've eaten them!!
                    i can share all of your happy memories now...are they those small purple-ish things?
                    yeah oblongish fuzzy purplish fruit, very tangy..dem badaams

Comment

Gola Ganda is right, shahtoot does look like a caterpiller.
                      Never liked 'em!!

Ghalib bhai! Amrood and Jaman are 2 different things.. amrood is guava and jaman is (something I don't know in angrezi)
                      We used to eat Amrood with lal mirch + namak + lemon juice......

And that masala reminds me of "rait wali challi"....
                      A baba ji used to stand with his thaila infron of my collage gate... *sigh* good old days, and good old baba jee.!

------------------
                      The light you see at the end of the tunnel is always a train.

Comment

Hey Fraudia ......next time I will visit Pakistani.

I couldn't resist Falsay!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Rani (edited August 16, 2000).]

Comment

>>>Hey Fraudia ......next time I will visit Pakistani.
                          I couldn't resist Falsay!!!!!
                          <<<

Rani and Fraudia, so Falsay did the trick
                          I like Bhail Poori as much as Falsay....may be I should visit Indian soon.
                          BTW I am visiting Pakistani tomorrow but the guy is obsessed so much with Chicken Karahi.....looks like eating Chicken Karahi on Thursdays is a ritual for him. He thinks Chicken Karahi is the best thing available in San Francisco....can you believe that Fraudia?....I say cheezzzz such a sharif dude.

Comment

he is back in san fran again?

Comment

ka batan ker rhay ho sab loagz

my fitay moo is water water. gimme some falsa and jaman and maleer kay amrood

i wanna eat i wanna i wanna eat

now now now

Comment

Fraudiya bhayaa itni jaldi bhool gayay?

[This message has been edited by Roman (edited August 16, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                                X