Falsays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falsays

You know what I am talking about?! Falsays. Dunno whats the ingrezi name for it but I miss them. Especially good with mirch masala... hmmmm

Ghalib

haha soon we will be talking about whether indian falsay are better than pakistani falsay or whether Gen Zia had plotted to ban falsay to divide and conquer the falsay lovers vs the falsay haters

Sharia laws may affect falsay, and what quaid e-azam said about falsay.

all i hafta say is..

falsay.....thanday falsay...khatay meethay falsay... ( remember a rerhi wala who used to sell em like that)
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Shame on you both. I had Falsa Juice (yummmmmm) in Lahore. Excellent. Little salt and just nothing crunches the thrust like Falsa juice.

Comment

[This message has been edited by CM (edited June 06, 2002).]
        You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

opppss...Wrong forum..

Mods.. Please move this to Arts and Culture. I meant to post it there...

hehehhehe...

Comment

I always thought that Falsays are same thing as Cranberries...

Comment

Well I miss, Jamun & Falsay here in Europe, unfortunately not available here (yet). But they are really delicious.

Comment

CM, Outlaw is right, it is a berry, somehow related to Cranberry and other Berries. In English it is called “Distance Fruit”, the size of it is tiny bit bigger than your brains, and it is lot juicier than that.

Comment

Kindly explain what a 'falsey' is.

Thanks very much.
                  A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

its a type of berry popular in pakistan.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Ruth Chris's serves falsays with dessert. I was so shocked when I popped one in my mouth cause I thought it was a cherry. They call it "seasonal berries." Go figure!

Comment

Falsay.... I remember the thaila-on-the-bicycle sellers with their 'specialized pots' to mix namak with falsay and do the 'ragra' thing and then making a 'cooppee' out of newspaper paper and handing it over to us quite vivdly.

I used to hate the khatay falsay... never liked them, but a good mix of ripe and maithay with a little 'tursh' ones were the best.

How abot shatoot or shahtoot? Anybody miss them? I sure do. Once I went to my pind when I was a kid with my brother and sister and we climbed up this shahtoot tree there which was covered with the ripe shahtoot fruit. I remember it was such a feast! We had all the fruit that we could eat. And for the first time I learned how elastic and strong a shahtoot's 'tahni' (branch) can be as I was climbing and swinging and hanging all over the tree like a monkey.

Fun days.

Comment

And I think, if there are 2 glasses of juice infront of you.. One labeled "Falsay ka sharbat" and the other saying "Cranberry Juice"..
                          I bet you'll go for the falsay ka sharbat.

And did I hear someone mention Jaman! I love the jamans after "riRking" with some salt... Yummmmmmmm!!!

------------------
                          The light you see at the end of the tunnel is always a train.

Comment

Clemintine... yar kiya yaad dilaa di.. BTW, Aren't Jamun and Amroood the same?

Rome: is shetoot red from inside and is very stringy? I am not sure what shetoot is but I am damn sure I have eaten one!

Comment

shehtoot also known as shareefa can be found in carribean stores selling as custard apple.

My uncle had trees in his house of the stuff and I never liked em, by the time I developed a taste for them, he moved from that house *sigh*

but how bout em red badaams ..yeah, u know what I am talkin bout...

Comment

Working...
                              X