Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Islamic republic of Pakistan? Ha Ha ! it's more like a oxy-moron!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islamic republic of Pakistan? Ha Ha ! it's more like a oxy-moron!

How can Pakistan claim to be a islamic country... Every tradition and cultural aspect that is being practised today in pakistan is derived from hindu culture.. Pakistani culture is simply "hindu traditions associated with islamic principles" That;s all it is... and yet we call ourselves "proud pakistani's" ha ha !

------------------

yes u got a true and great topic here but unfortunately there is nobody who can solve it or can't even give a logical explanation for it ,neither can change it.

------------------
    **abhi tou mai jawaan houn**

Comment

what traditions and cultural aspects you are talking about? can you please give some examples apart from those practices in weddings?

Comment

Pakistan is a muslim country, not an Islamic country....the difference being that since muslims are in a majority in Pakistan, hence its a muslim country. But since we dont have Islamic rule there, it cant be called an Islamic country. However, I think we need to think positive rather than point out the things that we have adopted from hindu culture. Why dont we say the same about the western traditions that we adopt? Just because its our arch rival, we dont have to hate every thing out of India, whether its good or bad. Traditions and culture need to be looked at seperately from religion, cause the two dont mix.

[This message has been edited by Akif (edited July 22, 2000).]

Comment

But Akif sahab, that is what i am trying to indicate here... If we don't have islamic traditions as our first priorities in Pakistan, then why have we named it as "The Islamic Republic Of Pakistan??" This issue should not be taken so lightly cuz' it is degrading our religion Islam... most ppl will assume Pakistan as an islamic country only because of the title it has be given.... I hope u understand the msg i am trying to convey here....I consider this as a big MISTAKE & and a big blunder...and know i understand why ppl wonder if the making of Pakistan was really a big mistake or not??

Comment

TO AKIF SAHAB,
            As yOu have mentiOned in yOur previOus msg "that culture and religiOn are not meant to mix"....well, i absolutely agree with your point....but Akif Sahab, have u ever noticed that our pakistani's, are not aware of this at all... they have badly influenced their religion with their culture to such an extend that even if u ask a typical pakistani or even the most literate mulana in Pakistan....they will not be able to draw a line that distinguishes the two distinct cultures(that is pakistani culture & islamic culture)...... Therefore may i cOnclude, that are we destorting the image of Islam by our own hands??? .... I think....,"There is something rOtten in the state of Denmark..or should i say 'Pakistan'?"

[This message has been edited by Happy-Lahori (edited July 26, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Happy-Lahori (edited July 26, 2000).]

Comment

Dear Happy Lahori, you are just generalising your statements and firing Pakistan...why?

Comment

DEAR JAK
                They say, the most sorrowest is he, who has eyes but no sight..... I am not trying to triger Pakistan in particular ....neither am i trying to offend pakistani's.....i am just trying to make u aware about the mess we are in now a days...Most people ignore such things because they allow there patroitic feelings overcome the truth... they aren't able to distroy this visage infront of their eyes cuz they act to "BIAS"... and that's not the way we should act if we wanna get somewhere in life?!

Comment

Hey Lahori, I thought you’d read a lil before continuing with this topic, let’s start with your first post.
                  You said >> Every tradition and cultural aspect that is being practised today in pakistan is derived from hindu culture<<

Firstly define culture please. Second how many traditions and cultural aspect of Pak culture do you know or have heard about? You don’t need to mention dowry or mehndi functions etc I can prove that they’re Islamic as well.

You wrote: > Pakistani culture is simply "hindu traditions associated with islamic principles" That;s all it is... <
                  How do you think a culture is born, developed and how does it survive? Do you know how many different cultures have influenced our culture and over how long time? What did that influence means to our ppl? How old is the concept of a culture?

>> and yet we call ourselves "proud pakistani's" <<
                  Didn’t get this – why shouldn’t we be proud Pakistanis?

>> and know i understand why ppl wonder if the making of Pakistan was really a big mistake or not??<<
                  Hopefully this is not yout final conclusion or you core message!

>> As yOu have mentiOned in yOur previOus msg "that culture and religiOn are not meant to mix"....well, i absolutely agree with your point....but Akif Sahab, have u ever noticed that our pakistani's, are not aware of this at all<<

Have you ever noticed that not even the west is fully aware of the difference? We have an excuse, we’re not we educated what’s their excuse?

>> Therefore may i cOnclude, that are we destorting the image of Islam by our own hands??? <<
                  Yes, but how did you come to this conclusion from this discussion? No body really talked about Islam or Pak culture in this thread.

>> There is something rOtten in the state of Denmark..or should i say 'Pakistan'?"<<
                  Ehhh what?

>> Most people ignore such things because they allow there patroitic feelings overcome the truth<<
                  Or perhaps most ppl understand the difference and are willing to discuss things with an open mind and accept that one can respect and appreciate many things at the same time. And even if every tradition is not Islamic it’s ok to be proud of it, if it’s not hurting ppl in anyway and is not against Islamic teachings.

JAK, Welcome Back

Comment

Thanks Sabah, its nice to be back

And your analysis is really good, i fully agrees with you.

Comment

i like the facts lahori has made.. keep it up lahori...

[This message has been edited by pharmist-babe (edited August 06, 2000).]

Comment

i am extremely sorry for the delay reply.. i appreciated the way sabah analyzed my argruments throughly and replied her conclusions back... i will answer all sabah's questions below....

ans1) their is no need of me to define culture.. nor does it matter if i know 'or'do not know about all the different traditions and cultural aspects of pak.. the country is viewed as a overall impression... not only the culture was derived from hindu traditions but, it is also being practised the same way from the day onwards pakistan was made...

>>>>>You don’t need to mention dowry or mehndi functions etc I can prove that they’re Islamic as well.<<<<

well can u prove it then?? plz elborate on your comments...

hmmmmm... you aren't getting my point here sabah jee... think hard... what was the reason pakistan was given birth?? the answer is : 'so that the muslims can practise "ISLAMIC" cultures and tradition...' so... why are the people allowing it to be influenced by different non-islamic traditions??

>> and yet we call ourselves "proud pakistani's" <<
                        Didn’t get this – why shouldn’t we be proud Pakistanis?

ans) paradoxically, i can ask you ..why should we call ourselves proud pakistani's?? afterall, the culture does not have a identity of it's own... all this culture is confused ... was given birth to distinguish another culture..yet, ironically most of it, "IS" the culture from which it should have distinguished itself from the first place..
                        most important of all..it is most corrupted country in the world! it;s all messed up.. i dont know why we should be proud of it??

>> and know i understand why ppl wonder if the making of Pakistan was really a big mistake or not??<<
                        Hopefully this is not yout final conclusion or you core message!

you are damn close to what i am trying to reveil here!

Have you ever noticed that not even the west is fully aware of the difference? We have an excuse, we’re not we educated what’s their excuse?

Islam is a demanding religion contrast to western's religion... Therefore, western's religion have very flexible boundaries ..... and can easily allow to mix they culture and religion... ppl are illetrate in the sense that they havn't got adequate amount of knowledge to distinguish their religion with their "adopted culture"...
                        There is something rOtten in the state of Denmark..or should i say 'Pakistan'?"<<
                        Ehhh what?

hhhhmmmm... it's a famous quote from the play hamlet written by shakespeare.. and i will be assuming that u already know about shakespeare...
                        this quote is just a litearary reference i choosen to use ..so that it supports my argument... sorry about confusing you with it... i thought you would have figured it out... i used pakistan at the end of the quote just for satire..

>>Or perhaps most ppl understand the difference and are willing to discuss things with an open mind and accept that one can respect and appreciate many things at the same time.<<<

ahhh?? that is what i am trying to convery here sabah... they should discuss things with an open mind instead of allowing their patroitic feelings overcome the truth...in future, i will try to repharaze my arguments in a easier way so that u can understand it ...

>>>And even if every tradition is not Islamic it’s ok to be proud of it, if it’s not hurting ppl in anyway and is not against Islamic teachings. <<<

are u trying to say that pakistan culture ( which is actually hindu culture in a overall impression ) is NOT against islamic teachings?? ahhhhh.... well i think you should double check that comment, sabah jee..

[This message has been edited by Happy-Lahori (edited August 08, 2000).]

Comment

i think the problem is with the word "hindu". try using "ancient indian" instead. like Akif said, it's about culture - and i dont think not conforming to arab culture and traditions make you less of a muslim.
                          Simple ain't easy.

Comment

The subcontinent was under the rule of Muslims for almost 1000 years, it is then hard to imagin that Muslims had no affect on the Hindus culture but the Hindus have all the influence on Muslims and at all the times!!!

Comment

replying to queer sahab!!
                              hello jee! i don't care about hindu or any "ancient indian" tradition! all i care about is that the formation of pakistan took place to establish an islamic society...most important of all to impose a formal islamic way of life (That's why it was named Islamic Republic Of Pakistan!!) which can easily be "DISTINGUISHED" from your so called "ancient indian tradition"!!....

Comment

Working...
                              X