Traffic and Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traffic and Police

A certain pak.org member, my younger brother once described a traffic scene he saw in karachi.. I am pasting it here...anyone has any other interesting stories about traffic in their cities or traffic police..please share..here goes..

---------------------------------------------

on that note ... i remember something else ..
    I was in karachi for Eid-ul-fitr and was doing some shopping in Saddar ( Zainab Market specifically) and saw some novel traffic controlling prcedures introducded by the Karachi Traffic Police.
    Imagine this : A Toyota Hilux Pickup ,with big blaring loudspeakers fitted on the top.
    and a guy going on like..

' yeh safaid gari walay agay barho .. abay haan tu! aur kitnee safaid garian nazar ati hain tujhay?? ,...

'Oye peelee taxi seedha chal ..andha hai kiya? abay!sunta nahin? bahar aaaon mein?

so on and so forth ..

and where normal police coouldnt handle the traffic . this guy was having so much affect i actually followed him up till Regal ...

) guess that the way Police needs to be in karachi now .. )
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

what are the current 'rates' these days if you get pulled over for speeding.?

I am always amazed at how well the traffic seargents negotiate for a 'fee'

They get paid so little, no wonder they have to resort to the 'nazrana'
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Quiz question, whats the speed limit on Pakistani roads?

Comment

They say 65km/hr on highway (you know this by reading back of a bus which is usually travelling way above the limit).

Comment

but...i dont believe anything on the buses, they paint a new model year each january anyways. all of a sudden the same old borken down bus will have a 2000 model written on it.

how can u trust the speed limit on it?

Comment

hehehhe..... what about the Shairs behind these very buses....

If I remember correctly, we had a thread on this one...

Comment

Among other shers, I read a sher on a minibus in Karachi 7-8 years ago:

Perwaana jal raha hai, magar jal raha hai kiun
              yeh raaz jan-naa hai tau khud ko jala ke dekh

------------------
              ***Sitaaron Pay Jo Daltay Hain Kamand!***
              The ORIGINAL Falcon -
              Tu Tundi-e-Baad-e-Mukhaalif say na ghabra ay Uqaab
              Yeh tau chaltee hai tujhay OoNcha urRaanay kay liye

Comment

I think the best collection of shers are not on buses or rikshas, it's on qulfi/milk shake raHris.

Comment

Ghalib ahhaha okay I will dig that thread up and bring it back we have so many new members since then that mayeb they will add more to our library there..

Comment

Working...
                  X