Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shorts, plus fours, knickers, chaddi

hey folks

so whats the deal with people like telling you not to wear shorts and all.

I mean if I was wearing daisy dukes or onion skins, then there may be some point to argue, but time after time, people who I dont even know stop me on the street to tell me not to wear shorts.

One remark I heard was...tumhari man behan naheen hain, larkiyon kay samnay chaddi pehnay ghoom rahay hain sahibzaday..

I am like errrr, maan behan toh hain, but they did not sew the shorts...so lets keep them out of it. And if I am wearing shorts..thats my business, tell yer begum and bacchis to not stare at me...The friggin world would have ended if I had stared at them that way... felt so ummmm objectified :>

Anyhow, but really, why is it. I mean uncles in tight fitting john travolta style pants where you can totally make out the shape and positioning of their briefs..what gives them the right to use Islam as an arguing point. and mind that these shorts were total habla shorts bought from barrios so the knees were not visible unless you lied down on the ground and looked up. I felt that these loose fit decent shorts were definitely more appropriate than some of these uncles polyester hip huggers where I can make out the exact amount of change in their front pocket among other assets...

And this is after learning from prior mistakes...back in my early teens I spent 2 years in Pakistan. I used to go to the National Coaching Center to run and play table tennis and squash....its friggin 1001% outside and I rode my 10 speed with a long journey home... I refused to wear sweatpants...one uncle ji was so mad at my dress that they decided to extnguish a cigarette on my leg...and missed but did manage to burn the shorts...

Okay so now, out go the soccer shorts for just hanging out and all..and in came the barrio shorts...and they still cant deal with it.

I am speeding by and at a turn i had to stop to hear an aunty and her kids say chi chi chi to me.. I am like..lady..i can have a clear view of your cleavage...which I am trying to avoid but your shirt which has a neck that comes down to 2 inches above a belly button means that i literally cant even look in your direction...what right do you have..

anyways... If shorts are the problem I am thinking of just wearing a shalwar instead and pulling it up to my calves maybe that will render different results.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Well, I don't think there's anything wrong with you wearing shorts (although I have not seen your legs ). As I said in my post in the religion section, I think the severe dress requirements are mostly about tradition. Ask one of those mamoos to point to the verse in the Quran that says you can't wear shorts. They won't find it.
    Zara

Comment

Fraudia Yar, ever tried Langoti? Even soccer shorts are no match to a Langoti. Man you can see the whole merchandize and the crack in the cheeks. It is fairly popular in rural Punjab. I was once thinking that I should introduce that in New York. May be someday I will.

Comment

That reminded me one of my brother's friend. He sometimes used to wear jeans shorts when he would come see us.

One day, a 'conservative' man of our gali stopped him and asked him not to come if he is wearing shorts as it's objectionable. The poor guy listened to him politely, didn't say a word and stopped wearing shorts when he would come visit us.

Comment

equal rights for short wearers!!!!!!!
          We'ew not gonna take it....
          no..we're not gonna take it..
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I concur Mr.Fraudia...

Talking about shlawar kurta/khameez... how in the world is it a 'sharaee' dress when if you are in Pakistan and you see someone walking against the wind.. you can see the assets justs wishin and washin. reminds me of the pendulum clocks...

geez ppl... for god's sake. could ya invest in some underwear...

ST

Comment

How can aunties with there tummy rolls hanging out of their blouses and all have issues with shorts.

Discrimination I say...

I mean people just cant seem to mind their own business at all. I recall this gentleman in my nana's mohalla. he had issues with my mamoon because mamoon was a "hero" and wore tight pants and shirts with big collars...
              and then a while later when i was living with my nana, The same dewd had an issue because my baggy pants were too baggy and the shirtlooked stupid becuase it had no collar...*sigh*
              but thats a whole different thread..

This thread is totally dedicated to the plight of short wearers in Pakistan..

Comment

Have u ever seen those kabaddi players in punjabi pinds? Those langots that they wear show more skin than does a g-string. And they criticize knee long shorts?

Comment

Fraudia:

Do you think the aunties and uncles are jealous of your legs?? Kahin aap ki tangon ko nazar na lag jai.

Comment

Ya Allah mujhe jealous uncle aur aunties ki nazar-e-bad say bacchaa.

ameen

Comment

Fraudiaji:

dua bhi karen aur apni tang pe kalla dhaga
                      bhi bandh lein..sunna hai kala dhaga buri nazar se mahfooz rakhta hai ( yeah hamare resident Maulvi Sahab ka bayan hai)

Comment

Oh God....this is hillarious!!

------------------
                        Beauty Lies In The Eyes Of The BeerHolder

Comment

kala dhagga?
                          would an elastic suffice?

Comment

..still awaiting a response on the elastic..

Comment

Fraudia,

nikkar pehno yaa chaddi
                              soccer khailo yaa kabaddi
                              car chhoTi chalao yaa waddi
                              phir bhi rahegi tou woh gaddi!

Comment

Working...
                              X