Your Grave...(Don't be afraid to click)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Grave...(Don't be afraid to click)

Whats the significance....flowers, stones etc. Some people would like to have their grave in their motherland. why?
    I've a question to my hindu friends in particular...what does burning of the dead body symbolizes? I see it in movies 'chitah ko jalana' ritual..does anyone know any background on it.

ciao,
    BoSS

Well if the people respect my wishes ... then hopefully I wont have any grave on this earth, thats for sure. If my wishes are not respected then yes I might be burried, but no way I would like anything to be put on my grave.

Comment

I'm willing to respect ur wishes...but u owe me an answer to my inquiry...please explain why a stone is not significant for u and what should be done with dead bodies.

ciao,
      BoSS

Comment

>>Some people would like to have their grave in their motherland. why?<<
        I not only would like to be buried in Pak, I also know exactly where I just dont wanna die in summer weather is too hot na. I also know what I wanna be buried in I mean my kafan I dont want a regular one, it should be white though, I already told my family about my dress.

As for why I want my grave their, its a lil bit emotional I think I would feel home there (hehe) na seriously almost my whole clan is buried there and since that is going to be my final home, Id like to have it build in the country that I love.

I would like my stone to say something unique not that boring stuff born xx/xx-xxxx and died blah blah date. I might find a quote or something and tell my Ammi jee to have it written on my qabr. I would also like a tree or a nalka right next to my qabr (log kisi bahane to fateh paRheiN ge I know Ill need it )

Comment

I dont care where I am buried, unless given the option to be buried on the moon (and I am serious)

Not only do I dont want a grave stone, I would want the grave to be completely unmarked. Hopefully I will be remembered in people's prayers and by my deeds, rather than what is inscribed on my grave.

I guess if they do wanna put a gravestone on my grave (they = people who will bury me..I will ask the inscription to be "ha ha fooled ya" )
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Sabah ji aap shadi shoodi kuraiN, aap kya murnay marnay ki bataiN kur rhi hain ;-)
            Make sure you don't write your telephone number on your stone...app ko pata hai desi kabar mein bhi nhin chortay

Fraudia, 'ha ha fooled ya' excellent idea

ciao,
            BoSS

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
              I guess if they do wanna put a gravestone on my grave (they = people who will bury me..I will ask the inscription to be "ha ha fooled ya" )
              People, get the money that u Mr. Fraudia borrowed from you. be quick.

Comment

Excellent topic. Thanks BoSS.
                Tough question....and I'm gonna add to it but before I do.....here's my opinion:

I want no symbol to mark my grave. As other's have said above, let me be remembered not by words inscribed on a tombstone but by my deeds. I don't particularly care about where I am buried, as long as there are other muslims around me(yeah, okay so I'm scared a lil bit).

Now...here's the added question....for the benefit of readers and guppies, can anyone please describe in detail the proper method of wrapping a body in a kafan? I learned it sometime ago and now want to make sure that I remember it correctly. You know...the number of pieces of cloth...the positioning of each piece...the difference in the male and female kafan....etc, etc.

Comment

Muzna, so u will be comfortable among muslims hmmmm how about pakistanies. O O I better get out of here...I'm already fighting a few battles these days

Interesting questions Muzna...but it seems like nobody knows much about 'em though...I think one has to be dead to answer these questions

ciao,
                  BoSS
                  btw I find this green smily very irritating and I'm making sure I use as many as I can in this thread

Comment

Boss bhaya bana lo jitnay green smily banay hain yaha per
                    hmmm waisay tou yay topic hi bara khoufnaak qism ka hay,or meayoo akser poochtay hain k bb kia likhwana hay bata dou lakin maira jawab yay hi houta hay k sanam tumhay saath lay ker jaeyn gay taa k mairay baad gulcharay na urra sakou
                    rahi kaffan k baray main tou Muzna mujhay ake%bhi idea nahi k kia pahnatay hain???pichlay dinou hamri qareebi Musjid main iss k baray main information dainay k leay ake meeting hoee main tou bhaag li baba bara der lagta hay
                    rahi baat daafan hounay ki khuwahishat ki list tou baree lumbhi hay lakin q k iss baat pay paka yaqeen hay k waha sirf Allah mian or Farishta ji or sirf Hum hou gay iss leay kabhi fiker nahi kia k kaha daafan hou gay or kia likhwana hay.

Comment

When dying we think of the moment of our birth and our origins - mother and loved ones. We think of the land that gave birth to us, so it is natural that we want to return there. But some people, especially if their families are far away from their mother land, will want to be with them. And often those who are left grieving the loss of a loved one will want them closeby for comfort. It is a way to grieve and pray for the soul of teh departed one.

Comment

Quoting Hussain,

When dying we think of the moment of our birth and our origins - mother and loved ones.

How many dying (death) experiences did u have? Or how do u know what a person thinks when he/she is dying?

Comment

I have been close to several people at the moments near death and have spoken to others who have looked after dying people so naturally my statement was based on that. Especially when elderly people are dying they speak of their childhood and memories and indicate where they want their final resting place to be.

Comment

Working...
                          X