Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Most Pakistani Males Feel So Much Superior To Women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Most Pakistani Males Feel So Much Superior To Women?

it makes me really angry when they act as if they rule over women. They always sound as if women are created just to serve them and that's it.

I am really interested in hearing some responses about this topic from other ladies.
    Last edited by makhmasa; Aug 21, 2006, 02:36 PM.

makhmasa,

Salaams, Hi and Welcome to GupShup!

You say,

"I am really interested in hearing some responses about this topic from other Muslim girls."

Frankly, I would like to hear from other "girls"...Sirf "Muslim" girls kiyooN?

Because issay pehlay kay koyee Islam koa iss discussion meiN ghaseetay, my cents..

IF the above is true, it has NOTHING to do with Islam/Muslims!
    It is CULTURE, CULTURE, CULTURE...
    Last edited by NeSCio; Sep 17, 2006, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Last edited by makhmasa; Aug 21, 2006, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Aray, NahiN! nahiN!

I didn't mean it Negatively! laugh!

What I meant was kay, "all" girls go through that in our sub-cont....Muslim or not...

Again IF the above is true that is...

And ye Apologize keya hota hai..*wondering*

Mayray gaoN meiN angraisee bohot kam boli jaati hai naa, so I am not familiar with this word At All...*Smile*

Talk to you later! *Smile*

Comment

Last edited by makhmasa; Aug 21, 2006, 02:32 PM.

Comment

My mistake, its been asked to girls only ... I didn't pay attention to that.

Cherio

[This message has been edited by Najim (edited May 17, 2000).]

Comment

Najim,

I would have to disagree with your comments and your approach.

makhmasa has complained about the behaviour of grown adults.....they are directly answerable for their own conduct. There is no justification for makhmasa, or anyone else, to go and speak to the parents.

Secondly, by airing her concern here in a public domain, she has approached society. And you and I are part of that society.

So, let's give her some answers.
              Last edited by NeSCio; Sep 17, 2006, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Its not just Pakistani males, but a general male attitude. My reasoning, which may be very wrong follows.

Males feel superior to anyone that they feel is not equal to them. whether it is another guy who is at a lower social or financial level etc etc. a basic sense of competitiveness gone haywire.

In women's case, way back, i suppose in the days of hunters and gatherers, they did not make good hunters, and for defending the tribe, region whatever, did not make good warriors..so were not considered equal due the physical strength issues.

Thats my psycho babble and mumbo jumbo on how i think it started.

Now we can not discount Najim's statement here either. Our society is set in a way that women were not eucated, and most are still not educated. They are not expected to go shine in their field of choice...thus men still see them as not equal.

In societies where there is more equality women have been encouraged to be active, productive members of the society. so which one is the cause and which one is the effect..i dunno. maybe its mutual..gradual change in society caused gradual change in women's status which changed the societal view further etc etc.

There are so many cultural forces driving a man in general. Not to be called hen-pecked or zan-mureed. what people say if the guy has a srong independent typa woman for a wife. How women are taught that teh husband is majaazi khudda and act subservient thus further solidifying the relationship dynamics.

In my view its a question directly related to women's rights and we see that the places that recognized women's rights there is less of the subservient role for women.

If you look at it as a continum, and some of the western countries being on one scale and countries liek saudi arabia on the other extreme, Pakistan will fall somewhere quarter way thru from saudi arabia.

The countries that totally kill my whole attempt to analyze this are countries like Korea, China and Japan where women are educate are active and productive members of the society yet still have the whole male dominance issue.

Oh well I tried.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

My response is based on the below statement by Fraudz,
                  (NaheeN! not a Attack, laugh!)

"How women are taught that teh husband is majaazi khudda and act subservient thus further solidifying the relationship dynamics."

In my personal opinion, the phrases such as "majaazi khudda", have been forever distorted and despised...

I think mostly by the Women's Libbers, who can take their Libbing and flush it down the garbage disposal for all I care..

My point is, that it isn't concepts such as the above, or
                  the overall Attitude, the Desi women/Society, harbour towards Males,
                  that make men Superior, or the women Inferior....

For me, keeping in mind, that between the two of us, it is He, who holds the "majaazi khudda" status, would help maintain the balance in a household.

Kind of tells you, who is at the helm of the boat and those, who like myself have cruised on boats, will know that you Can't have 2 people at the tiller!

RESPECT I think, is the Key factor...

There is nothing wrong with being Subservient...for me Personally, it is just another phrase denoting Respect....

And Subservience too, loses it's Negative connotation, when used in conjunction with love and Devotion....

HOWEVER, when a Man, takes his lady's Respect for him, as some kind of a Weakness on her part and goes on to,

Insult/Ignore/Act indifferently towards her,
                  at times, even in front of Friends and Relatives,
                  that is when we, Sadly but Rightfully, have Questions such as the one posed here....

In my humble opinion, the answer to this question, does not lie in changing Our Attitudes towards men, as in becoming Less subservient, etc. for the lack of a different phrase....

Rather, the time has come, when we should Request/Ask them to re-evaluate their behaviour/attitudes....OR,

Extremely Selfish though it sounds, those of us who are in positions to walk away, should do just that....

Quietly though....never forgetting we are After all Women and they are, after all Men....

And there is NO Defeat or Drawback in accepting the Fact, that Men and Women are NOT made Equal....*smile*

Comment

hmm I was just wondering over the unity that girls have when they are talking about a topic like this one

[This message has been edited by Goku (edited May 17, 2000).]

Comment

I have to agree with Dehatan's approach on this one.

I do not belong to that exclusive club of Women's Libbers. It's not me.

I do not condone putting up with injustice. That is not me.

I do believe that ultimately the determined and consistent approach succeeds.

I don't think that fighting changes anyone's mind.

I do think that water can cut through stone if it drips long enough.

Comment

Bibi Dehaat Dee & Shamma-e-Anjuman, all!

Pehlay tu tussi daanT laynday ho...Phir kehNday ho NA NA....gul wasay tussi waDde channgee kettee aay. Per O chaDdo matte pawo!!!!

admee, culture, superior, dominanat.....uffffff

If all you; girls say like that, I would say, man is the worst creature in this world. Let say God has accepted your will and moved out all the men from this world"

But if it happens (ideally it could) then sometimes I think:

1. then who will take care of woman's NAKHRAz
                        2. then there would be no hubby
                        3. then who will take care of wives
                        4. then the concept of PRINCE CHARMING will die
                        5. then sad hearts will not be taken care
                        6. then Ruthay howay ko kouN manaya gaa
                        7. then dil kay derwazouN pay dastak kouN day ga
                        8. then phir kess ka entayzaar howa keray ga
                        9. then who will provide the feeling of security to woman in this world
                        10.then there would be no love b/w a Mom and her Son
                        11. and so on....upto ur imaginations

Whole of this world say:
                        wajoud-e-zaan say tasweer-e-kayienaat may rang!

But I would say, auraat bhee tu maard kay bayghayer ADHOURE ADHOUREE see hay??????

------------------
                        Nadeem

Comment

Aaa'ma Nadeem MiaN,

Keya GhaaNs khaa kay niklay thay aaj ghar say, joa mayree post samajh meiN naheeN aayii?!!

You say,

"But I would say, auraat bhee tu maard kay bayghayer ADHOURE ADHOUREE see hay??????"

Bhaiya, issi liye toa kaha maiN nay, kay Samjhota/Respect is the key....
                          I am even for the "majaazi khudda" concept and phir bhee complains!!!!! Hain??!!!

Comment

Phir Dantna shuru ker deya!!!!!

------------------
                            Nadeem

Comment

Okay then lemme spell it out.
                              Not just the concepts like Majjazi Khudda but how they have been distorted and twisted to serve one's needs.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X