Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A body of Henna...

I'll never look at Henna the same way again

Hetain Patel - who grew up in Westhoughton and studied at Bolton School - uses his work to explore his British Asian identity.

See more examples of Hetain's body art >>>
    In this new body of work - called 'Lagan' - he uses materials from the Hindu wedding ceremony ('Lagan') such as henna and mendhi, to decorate his own body and thereby creating his own lengthy ritual. The process, can last up to six hours.

The idea is centred on his struggle to place his identity with the different cultures of first generation Asians and younger British Asians.

"It's largely about second generation British Asian identity and trying to grasp back at the culture and try to understand it." he said.

" Sometimes it's hard from just what you're told from first generation relatives. I use materials from the culture and try to understand it by using, I suppose, more of them."
    Read an interview with Hetain Patel >>>

Hetain returns to Bolton with a new exhibition called 'Lagan' which includes large scale photographs at the Bolton Museum & Art Gallery.

'Lagan' by Hetain Patel is showing in the Community Gallery of the Bolton Museum & Art Gallery between Saturday June 26th and July 14th.

A Body of Henna
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Re: A body of Henna...

That looks scary. Really. Dont you dare get such ideas Zakk!
    "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

errrmmm no
      Disclemer: I mispel al i watn

Comment

"It's largely about second generation British Asian identity and trying to grasp back at the culture and try to understand it." he said.
        Poor thing, he's really confused

Comment

gross
          22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

Originally posted by MyStiCaL_MisS
            "It's largely about second generation British Asian identity and trying to grasp back at the culture and try to understand it." .
            strange man, he paints his body with henna to try and understand his culture? weirdo.

Comment

:yukh:
              "Anything U can DO.....I CAN DO BETTER...."

Comment

he just needs a summer job

and wife who will leave him so he will take up another job for child support.

ID Crisis - common problem with Gen X everywhere. Get over it!
                [ M ] - Awesome Wedding Photographer + Videographer in Canada

Comment

My Gen is "De Bestest". Don't care about anyfin so nothing bugs us.

Ignorance is bliss
                  [ M ] - Awesome Wedding Photographer + Videographer in Canada

Comment

Working...
                  X