Shaadi Gifts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaadi Gifts!

As you know i am getting married Inshallah, i would like to know what gifts are given to the Inlaws and their families etc.

Generally you give a piece of gold jewellery to the sister in laws and mother in laws. Is this normally a tradition? What else could you give them? What about the FIL? The SIL's kids etc etc..

More importantly, what do you need to get for the person you are getting married to? How many suits etc?

Please hellppp!!!

Thank You
    x

Re: Shaadi Gifts!

mother in law usually a nice pair of earrings.
    SIL - a ring perhaps?

we gave my mother in law a little set - necklace and earings.

men - cupla suits.. few shirts/ties. some casual wear. sexy boxers.
    Mill ke sab matam-e-shabbir karo..

Comment

PS: best of luck!!!
      Mill ke sab matam-e-shabbir karo..

Comment

Originally posted by Mem Saab
        PS: best of luck!!!
        Thank you for your help...but only you replied.

I need some more ideas please.

All the guppies who are married or have just gotten married...please help me out here!

Comment

May your every wish be granted...
          Ancient chinese curse

Comment

you are supposed to give gold/jewellery to your in-laws?
            Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

i dont know if ur supposed to give gold and stuff..but when i got married..my mom gave earrings for my hubby's nani (dadi died when he was young), and i forgot what she gave my MIL....and my hubby's family gave my sister a set (for the dhood palai)..
              dont know about ur family , but when someone in our family gets married..the mother of the groom ( think bride as well)..gives suits to all the married ladies in the whole clan (doesnt even matter if ur not close or not)..i think thats a dumb tradition in our family..i hate it...my brothers' wedding wil be in sept (inshallah), and alreayd my mom is buying suits for the auntis and stuff to give out..and considering theres over 50 auntis..thats a lot of suits!

as to give the groom..my parents bought my hubby the suit he wore to the valima, cologne, and a watch....
              "Seek Allah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for those who are humble." (2:45)

Comment

Originally posted by mfs555
                i dont know if ur supposed to give gold and stuff..but when i got married..my mom gave earrings for my hubby's nani (dadi died when he was young), and i forgot what she gave my MIL....and my hubby's family gave my sister a set (for the dhood palai)..
                dont know about ur family , but when someone in our family gets married..the mother of the groom ( think bride as well)..gives suits to all the married ladies in the whole clan (doesnt even matter if ur not close or not)..i think thats a dumb tradition in our family..i hate it...my brothers' wedding wil be in sept (inshallah), and alreayd my mom is buying suits for the auntis and stuff to give out..and considering theres over 50 auntis..thats a lot of suits!

as to give the groom..my parents bought my hubby the suit he wore to the valima, cologne, and a watch....

Thanks mfs555....thats what we are doing..giving unstitched suits to the sister-in-laws and mum plus small jewelery etc...

Gonna get a suit for my fiance...afterwards...we will shower him with more gifts...

Any more ideas? Come on...why is everyone so chup chup???

Comment

Funny story

My cousin got married in January. It was a two month engagement, everything was rushed. The family bought some really nice unstitched suits for her in-laws and stuff. My mamoo did all of this on his own, he didn't borrow any money from my mother or father. Well, on the day of the barat, my mother decided to wear one of her really big gold sets from her wedding. It came down to her waist, that's how fancy shmancy it was. Well, the in-laws saw it, and the next day they called up my mami and told her that the clothes they gave them weren't nice or fancy enough, tey were ugly blah blah. So.. uh... yeah lol

I personally would only give gifts to my husband to be, and any of his relatives that we were close to. I dont' care about some mamoon's beti's husband's parosi's chachi who thinks her suit was ugly
                  The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

^people in pakistan can be really rude sometimes, doesnt the fact that they got suits mean anything. why should you give people presents when you get married, shouldnt they be giving you presents?

Comment

Eh.... go figure.... it's the whole dowry thing ya kno...

It's one thing to give gifts to your new family out of love and respect.. it's another when they expect something and talk down to you if you don't...
                      The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Working...
                      X