[1998: Products] McDonalds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[1998: Products] McDonalds

I am not sure why I didnt write this earlier, neither am I sure why this was so popular throughout the country being the expensive food it was. Maybe it had to do something with the play area for kids.

But the lines were enough to tell you how popular McDonalds had become. Now, there are apparently 9 McDonalds in Lahore, 6 in Karachi, 1 in Hyderabad and 3 in Faisalabad. I wonder why there is no McDonalds in Peshawar, or in Quetta?

People actually used to come from other cities to Lahore to eat at McDonalds. And I still cannot forget how people used to get all dressed up to go to McDonalds. Nawaz Sharif was also a big fan of Big Macs, and it is rumoured that when he went to the US on an official trip, he asked for a Big Mac to the surprise of every security personell over there, since even they did not eat at McDs.

When it started off in 1998, the debate used to be about how expensive it was. Many newspaper articles, which were talking about poverty used to mention the fact that 75% of the country can never think of eating a single meal at McDonalds. Now when people are being told about national stats using McDonalds as a tool, you can make a guess about how ubiquitously known it was.
    Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin
    Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa
    Tujhe Sab Hain Pata,Meri Maa

Re: [1998: Products] McDonalds

interesting... we dress up to go to the Desi restaurants...
    Life is not a joke, but a life without jokes is a cruel joke of life

Comment

how come there is no Micky Ds in isb???
      "Seek Allah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for those who are humble." (2:45)

Comment

Originally posted by mfs555
        how come there is no Micky Ds in isb???
        well dont know abt the ISB
        Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin
        Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa
        Tujhe Sab Hain Pata,Meri Maa

Comment

I bet people still dress up to to go McDs and KFC in Pakistan. Then again it's not an everyday type of meal for average Pakistanis. It would fall under luxury I suppose.

In any case, McDonalds sucks, whereas KFC is quite good.

Comment

Hahahha, dress up for mcd's. freshies.

Seedhi tarhaan koi choli woley khaaein, falooda walooda, dahi barey, samosey, chipkali kebab, waghera waghera, jo ham Pakistaniyon ki khoraak hai, yeh kiya ke galley mein phaansi ka phanda (tie) daala aur kaali si begam ko saath liyey mcdonald chal parey,

Yeh burger loag ullu ke pathey aur kuttey kameenay hotey hain. Jis kaam ke aadaab se banda waaqif na ho, ussey karney ki kya zaroorat hai? Khud ka mazaak banaany waali baat huwi na, burger logon ke paas pesa aa jaata hai lekin aqal nahein aati, bhala koi tie pehn ke bhi fast food khaany jaata hai?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of Persia
              Hahahha, dress up for mcd's. freshies.

Seedhi tarhaan koi choli woley khaaein, falooda walooda, dahi barey, samosey, chipkali kebab, waghera waghera, jo ham Pakistaniyon ki khoraak hai, yeh kiya ke galley mein phaansi ka phanda (tie) daala aur kaali si begam ko saath liyey mcdonald chal parey,
              we dont eat lizards.
              hamein to apno ne loota gheron mein kahan dam tha....mera scooter wajja wahaan jahaaN rashh kamm tha......

Comment

^

Next time you buy a bun kabab from a food stall open it and check, I've had a few baby ones in mine, tender little pink ones, you can chop it's tail and it will do mujra for you whilst you devour the rest of it

Comment

^

Next time you buy a bun kabab from a food stall open it and check, I've had a few baby ones in mine, tender little pink ones, you can chop it's tail and it will do mujra for you whilst you devour the rest of it

LOL
                  All of us have convinced ourselves that our way is the best way, our logic is the perfect logic and those who do not conform to our thinking must be criticized and steered to the right direction, our direction .............. therefore Gupshup exists.

Comment

Yeh burger loag ullu ke pathey aur kuttey kameenay hotey hain. Jis kaam ke aadaab se banda waaqif na ho, ussey karney ki kya zaroorat hai? Khud ka mazaak banaany waali baat huwi na, burger logon ke paas pesa aa jaata hai lekin aqal nahein aati, bhala koi tie pehn ke bhi fast food khaany jaata hai?
                    Aapki lughat to bari hi shandar hai.

Comment

I thought the Big Mac would be good at Mc D's in Pakistan, but NOTHING compares to Zinger Burger at KFC.

And yes, I remember going to Pizza Hut in Pakistan was an occasion where one would dress up, but remember the Pizza Huts in Pakistan are not like the ones in US. They are considered "fancy" restaurants. One McD in Karachi had a big wide screen tv on the 2nd floor. I often wonder that when people see these kind of restaurants in Pakistan, they must be like wow, i can't imagine how the American ones must be.... i remember my uncle was quite disappointed in our local pizza hut and mcdonalds.

Comment

I never bothered dressing up going to these places especially the ones on Boat Basin.. but then i got really wierd stares from highly dressed up people

Sincerely,
                        Captain Lota
                        Kisee akeli shaam ki chup may, geet puraanay gaa kay dekho

Comment

They're prolly not in Quetta or Peshawar because people would beat the crap out of anything American in that area, even if they do watch MTV in their homes.
                          I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

not that pushto movies are much better than BET
                            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

What do you mean by dressing up ?? :-|

Why one should not dress up if he/she is going out ?

McDonalds is a public place, and one is supposed to be wearing proper dress if one is going there, same is the case with shopping Mal. It is over and above my head that what is wrong in this Generally, We Pakistanis (urban) are quite cultured we dress up for going out.

Now if you mean that people dress up speacially for Mcdonalds, like if they are going to parties. Then I am afraid, you got the wrong idea. All type of people go there, some go their actually for parties (birthdays) others just to hang out and watch cricket match, school college kids, and people from office during lunch hours. I dont think apart from frist group anyone comes to Mcdoanald specailly 'dressed up'

McDonalds in pakistan has a playland, people bring their kids. This is one of their major attraction.

Now if people in other part of the world look down at McDonald's, then it is not our problem. McDonalds in Pakistan offer good food and nice clean place to hang out

But I only like Strawberry Milkshake, nothing else
                              Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

Working...
                              X