Bridget Jones's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridget Jones's Diary

After falling in love with the movie, I decided to read the book ... Bridget Jones's Diary.

It is so good. Very different from the movie. It has me laughing out loud at some points.

I love the way the whole book is written literally in diary form. I find I can identify with the character of Bridget soooo much. Her struggle with body image, her issues with men, affectionately termed as "emotional fuuckwits", her continuous self-doubt and over all issues. I think it's a character a lot of girls can relate to on some level.

I laugh at how she measures her thighs. I actually did it too.
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

I think the other day Minerva and I were talking about Bridget Jones too I should read the book too. Mehnaz my thighs have slimmed down by the way

Comment

i loved the movie .. havent read the book yet though...

FF, pls do tell ur secret! can it be achieved in a week?

Comment

So have mine FF, but, I still hate you and your luscious size 8 self.

I measured my thighs after reading the saga Bridget goes through after discovering her thighs are 18" in circumference. 18 bloody inches and she's freaking out! 18" is NOTHING! I measured my thighs and I felt like a whale.

Ohhhhh, I'm gonna cry.
        Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

^ awww dont cry... mine are like sumo wrestling thighs... at least ur tall and beautiful, Mashallah

FF, still waiting for the magic formula...

Comment

i use the cross trainer 5 days a week for 40 mins and do some squats too plus stretches.

Comment

^ sheesh thats where im going wrong

im only biking and treadmilling for an hour... no squats, or cross trainer.. i used to cross train heaps, but it only affected my waist..

i want to be 8 as well

Comment

haha, Mehnaz, that was a good one. Me and FeFe were indeed discussing her but more in the context of how lucky she was to get those cool hunks going for her.I don't identify with her on any level though. Anyhow, for me its not about the thighs ;--) maybe 'cuz I am happy the way I am just like Mark Darcy:love: (Colin Firth) said 'I like her just the way she (Bridget) is.'

Comment

lol I'm not the only one who identified with Bridget hey. I read the book first about 2 years ago, and really enjoyed it. I only recently watched the movie about 2 months ago, enjoyed that too. :-)

Mehnaz, quit whining, we all know you have a gorgeous bod!
                  A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

Is it anything like the diary of ann frank but with more chocolate and booze?

Comment

Yup, and a lot more emotional fuuckwits.

Comment

I think I saw it on the telly, about some fat bird who drinks a lot and can't get a bloke, that's not a story that's birminghams female population on a friday night.

Comment

haha Mehnaz... 'emotional fuucwits'. That's hilarious. I gotta watch the movie now. Sounds way girlie but I am sure to learn a thing or two from watching it.

Comment

Funguy, nearly every guy who I have talked to who has seen this movie loved it to bits.

The books is very different from the film. I like the book and movie, both.

Comment

Isn't there are part 2 coming out soon?

Comment

Working...
                              X