abuse of a kid at madrassa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

abuse of a kid at madrassa

Abid was blinded and maimed in the assault, which he says came shortly after he rejected sexual demands from the Islamic teacher at a madrassa in a crowded, lower middle-class district of Karachi

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...equestid=85050

we all know this stuff goes on, there has been wide spread talk about it, but nothign is ever done.

do people find it sickening that those who are supposedly religious teachers have such sick actions? the catholic chucrch is facing this crises here in US, the madrissa system in pakistan needs to be cleane dout for many reasons, this being one.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

It's absolutely horrendous. I remember watching a documentary on Hari Krishna's and the way they sexually abused little children. The parents would leave them at wherever the place of worship was ... sometimes even sent the kids to India to get more of a religious upbringing .... they were continuously sexually assaulted by the religious Hari Krishna 'priests'.... little boys and little girls. Happens in the Catholic religion by Priests .... it happens in all religions.

I think these religious community leaders see themselves in a position of power cause everybody looks up to them and send their kids to them for a religious education. They know the kids are vulnerable, as they know that they give an image of righteousness and purity and nobody will suspect them.

On another note, from what I know, sexual abuse of any kind is pretty much ignored in Pakistan. It's taboo and nobody discusses it. I think kids would have more courage to speak out if sexual abuse was discussed openly and they were told from beforehand that if anybody touches them inappropriately, then they should tell their parent or someone they know ASAP.
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Its very sickening. I think parents need to be more cautious and take note of initial warning signs. My nephew complained that the maulvi at the local mosque would hit sometimes when he use to go for quran lessons. We took him out of there right away. I personally think females are more appropriate and safer to teach little kids Quran. Thats what we did, he goes to a lady now who is very nice.

In Pakistan its very common that kids compain about harsh teachers, its too bad parents just ignore it because they consider it normal.

I think the use of high technology is needed. Cameras in classrooms, etc.... to keep an eye on abusive maulvis/teachers.

Comment

You know what should happen, 'ideally'. An independent council should be formed, made up of parents of students at madrassas; the parents of these students should have the responsibility for investigating all allegations made against the students, in cooperation with the police. This way, the police won't do their brush-under-the-carpet routine, and the community is more actively involved in their childrens' lives. Infact, it should be made compulsory that all maulvis attend a 6-month comprehensive "seminar" before they are allowed to teach at a madrassa. Heck, ALL madrassas should be registered under the law; you don't have a licence, your school is shut down. The names of all the teachers should be on an official list; there should be a deadline date by which all complaints have to have been investigated - say 4 weeks' grace time maximum.

All of the above would require money though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadia_H:
          All of the above would require money though.
          The very concept of madrassahs is there because of lack of money. All the suggestions you gave, they could just make a school out of that.

Comment

yeah, well the ideas i gave - the costs for them would have to be borne by the government, not the school itself. That's why i said, in my hypothetical little example, that it would require a lot of money - govt. hardly has enough money to spend on a project of this nature which would probably be seen as a waste of money.

And if they make a new school out of it, as long as the new one follows different principles than the current ones - then great. i would be all for it.

Comment

This is terrible...What animals, Laholawala...

There are those that come to learn the words of Allah :swt: and those that are supposed to teach them this act like these animals...Indeed, the lust of men will be the greatest trial for mankind...These men pursued their lusts on such an innocent kid, what a sad situation...

I believe every Madrassah going child's parent should be provided with a brochure as to how to teach their child what to do in a situation should some lustful animal approach them or touch them in the wrong places or talk to them in a certain way...

At least the child should be made confident enough by the parents that should such a scenario arise, the child is to immediately inform the parents instead of remaining quiet, so that appropriate steps could be taken to ensure the betterment of both, the student as well as the animal...

Astaghfirullah...
              Focus not on who you are but what you do...
              ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Not trying to give this thread a political direction but i think when Gen. Zia allowed that any one can built a Mosque or a madarsa on their own bcos gov cant for whatever reasons. This benifited as spreding islam, but also it caused various diffrent groups, & ppl opened madarsas & Mosques for profit, even ppl who dont know an ABC of Islam.

Now every neighborhood own their own Masjid, & the next door masjid is blaimed to be Non Muslims & vice versa.

A perfect example could be Malaysia where every Imam, mauzan etc r gov employee's & they need to clear some tests before getting appointed. No one can give a religious speech in mosque unless approved by the gov, & they keep track of them too if someone hasnt followed.

No wonder, we dont find any groups there, Muslims there r just muslims, while we in Pakistan r further devided into 50 groups.

While rest of the world was busy mating I was Moderating Cafe and lost my jawani.

Comment

The sad bit is that these few madrissas that are run by criminals, extremists and other lowlifes, give a bad name to an institution which has been filling a gap in society. They provided education to kids who had no other opportunities whether due to costs, family obligations or unwilling parents.

The name of this institution is being dfragged in mud today due to a few people who abused it.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

According... to the report, it says the boys father was offered a sum of I million...

1 million....this amount shows, how many highly influential people are involved in this.
                    "The Baptism of God, and who can Baptize better than God?" (2:138)

Comment

no one in Pakistan is sincere...from Scientists to the Maulvis, everyones corrupt.

Thats y they say....The only good Pakistani is a dead Pakistani.
                      "The Baptism of God, and who can Baptize better than God?" (2:138)

Comment

^ theres good and bad people everywhere.... i know cus ive seen the sincere people in Pakistan, and it makes me proud that i can call myself pakistani (to some extent)

Comment

Originally posted by Sharaabi:
                          no one in Pakistan is sincere...from Scientists to the Maulvis, everyones corrupt.

Comment

I have heard these types of things happen the most between sufi teachers (Pirs) and their students .....

Comment

This kind of stuff happens everywhere, and it's sad that in Pakistan and other third world countries victims and their families are often too embarassed to say anything.

Recently in a country located in Southeast Asia, an Islamic teacher (as well as the person the village turns to for religious advice and what not) was arrested for molesting young boys (between the ages of 6-8). He was also a soccer coach for these boys, and one by one the boys would come home feeling "sick". Eventually, a few of the parents who were friends realized that it was happening to all the boys, and after one of the boys admitted what this man had done to him, the rest of the boys started telling their parents as well.

What was so sickening was that during the TV interview following the arrest, he took excerpts from the Qur'an and then went on to say that no human being is perfect, and that everyone's got their weaknesses. There's a lot more I'd like to say for these kind of people, the kind of people who give the wrong impression about religion and DARE to use religion in the name of evil, but most of it is evoked by anger (and this isn't in Religion), so I'd better shut up.

Nadia_H's suggestion was good. And what they're doing in Malaysia according to JonyBr (with the testing) is also something that maybe should be considered in other countries.

Comment

Working...
                              X